Thread: lanscaping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

lanscaping

I took this pictures last month at the Prambanan Temple, central Java, Indonesia. I thought they were good but then I knew that I was wrong by using f/3.5 during shoot, it should be around f/11-f/22.

thanks to the forum to learn how to shoot properly. and i keep learning how to

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0422.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	955

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0421.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	957
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0421.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0422.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	954  
    Last edited by eranda; 04-26-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 17-40 f/4L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM

"enjoy your life, make it colourful"

Selective focus is one of many tools available to a photographer. If there is one element in your shot that you want to stand out, then open the aperture and blur away the rest. If you want as much of the scene as possible to be in focus, then close the aperture.

It isn't a matter of right or wrong, but whether the shot successfully conveys what you want it to with the choices you made.

I am so sorry... last night I posted several landscape shots here thinking I was posting to the "Post Your Best Landscape..." thread. I did not mean to step on your thread.

eranda - As for your shots...
    1. I like the composition and the subject is interesting. I really like the shots - so my comments are just for reference to landscape shots in general.
    2. The first one has great leading lines.
    3. Just be carefull that you do not put the horrizon in the middle all the time. Typically the horizon would be 1/3 of the way from the bottom or for the top (rule of thirds). The horrizon on your first one is in the middle, but it works well on that one (so it just shows rules are made to broken also). If the sky is of more interest, then there should be more sky; if the sky is boring or dull and gray, then do not show much of the sky and show more foreground.
    4. Put your camera on a good tripod and close down the apature to get a good depth of field, or for a little diiferent landscape shot open it up to issolate a subject and blur the back ground. Many of the best landscapes are taken in low light, and the tripod will be your best freind. It does make you stand out a little when carrying it around, but if you can get over that feeling that you are sticking out like a sore thumb, then your shots will get much better.
    5. Get some Graduated ND filters to tame the bright sky. It saves a lot of time and noise from post processing.
    Pat
    Last edited by conropl; 04-29-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Revoved pictures meant for the Best Landscape thread.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Thanks Pat, highly appreciated.
    Canon EOS 60D, EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 17-40 f/4L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM

"enjoy your life, make it colourful"

Most of my best travel and landscape pictures occur around the time of sunrise and sunset. I don't know what the permissions are for this location, but I would say that photographically, without being any better of a photographer, you will get much better pictures by planning your travels around when the sun is low on the horizon.

Moved to SoCal early 60's. Near the beach. Lucky, I guess. Blessed is more like it.
    I apologize. Again I have misunderstood. I'm beginning to understand why I chose Slim Chance as a user name: the very little chance that I'll ever get this right. Again, I apologize.