Hi All -

I have a dilemma (once again) that I hope I can get some advice on. Since I have been unemployed for seven months now and things are really looking pretty grim, an old friend of mine has made me an offer. He is willing to pay to have a number of my photos printed on canvas wraps, etc. for me to display at upcoming local outdoor art fairs, etc. to help get me to launch a photography career. I told him I don't want him to do something like this for me but he said it would be a business investment for him.

I don't know if I should do this! Since I started photography as a hobby, I have only printed and sold one canvas wrap. What if he pays to have all these different items printed & done up and they don't sell! And if (and that's a big IF) any of them do, what percentage of the profits would be a fair amount to give him for doing all of this for me? It will take a large amount of prints to fill some of the display tents that I have seen other artists fill! This would have to be him fronting the entire thing because heck I don't have the cash to get one 5 x 7 printed! In fact, I just posted 4 lenses for sale last night including my tele's!

I don't know, I think I should pass on this extremely generous offer ...but then I have this little voice telling me I really don't have a choice at this point since I'm not finding an office position! Geez, now I'm hearing little voices ...LOL!

Denise