Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3rd Party Batteries

Re: 3rd Party Batteries

The only Canon battery I have doesn't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes. :-(

The rest of my batteries are made by Synergy Digital.

--Johan

Re: 3rd Party Batteries

I use almost nothing but third-party batteries in my 30D, G9, and Optura 50 camcorder. Canon batteries are horrendously expensive. I've had great results with third-party BP-511/511A batteries from B&H, eBay seller eforcity (a major outlet that also sells on Amazon), eBay seller everydaysource (which I think is the same as another seller), and others.

A suggestion: if you use BP-511/511A/512 (20D, 30D, 40D, early PowerShot G cameras) or NB-2L (G9, many Rebels)--or the larger "sisters" like the BP-2L12/2L14 (some Canon camcorders), you might find this tester useful. (There are others for some other Li-ion batteries.) My 30D doesn't show a change in the battery status indicator until it's quite low, so the tester really helps. The only other way I can check the BP-511 batteries is to put one on the Canon charger and watch the LED blinking (1, 2, 3 quick flashes as the battery gets more charged, then solid when it's essentially fully charged). I found that tester on a site in Singapore and pestered B&H about it.

George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR