Ok so it is time to update the cell phone, not entirely thrilled w/ the laptop, looking at the 5dIII in late summer - let the furor die down and perhaps a couple of bug fixes...

There seems to be several android applications/developers that are really moving quickly on the USB/Wifi connectivty front.

My wife and daughter of the 4s, I looked at the Apple applications and found apps that required the camera be connected to the computer to remotely manage.

Any thoughts on connecting the phone to the camera for the more convenient/larger/higher res/two people looking at the live view image (one with the camera and the other with the phone). Or is this just so much gadgetry?

Now the real computing side of the task.

I did the beta of CS6 w/ some of the movie features on my HP laptop that isn't exactly rigged (i5 2510 I think w/ 6 gig & shared video - it was $700 at costco so I am not expecting much and was acquired before the photo habit reoccurred) for movies nor hi res stills and when done putting together the clips, intros, transitions, and audio track.... I went to get lunch at the restaurant across town and returned just when it was finishing.

I think I have 3k for a computer budget ( I already have a 23" display) - I could a little higher if it made a real difference.

Thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks

Mike