Thread: What case for EF-s 10-22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In the last picture, is the hood still attached to the lens & if so, still in shooting position or reversed? You mentioneed that the 11x11 cm case fits both the 10-22mm lens & hood, but none of the pictures show the lens & hood in the lens case.
    Going by dimensions alone, the hood is 12.2 cm in diameter at its widest - can it fit a 11cm diameter case?
    Also if one adds the height of the lens & hood in shooting position, it would be about 9+4 cm=13 cm. Again, can that fit a 11 cm tall case?

Just want to clarify before I order a lens case.
    Thank you very much for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Got my lens and case today, will have to play with lens later.

But before I forget thought I'd post a quick fitment review of the LowePro 11x11 for the 10-22 Efs

Fits easily in pouch

way too easily

Lens hood-- not so much

Ok now some full sentences.
    The EFs 10-22 with lens hood attached or reversed, fits easily into the 11x11 case.

The lens hood is actually more oval than round and is not to difficult to put lens in or remove
    (as long as you put it in with wide side towards back of case )

With hood attacked the lens sits nicely centered, but has some extra room around it.

I used some padding from another pack to fill the side voids, but I think you could put a rain shell or wind breaker or light down vest to fill the void.

So there ya go, If you decide to buy a case for your 10-22, you can now visualize how it fits in a lowePro 11x11

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lynnaeus View Post
    In the last picture, is the hood still attached to the lens & if so, still in shooting position or reversed? You mentioneed that the 11x11 cm case fits both the 10-22mm lens & hood, but none of the pictures show the lens & hood in the lens case.
    Going by dimensions alone, the hood is 12.2 cm in diameter at its widest - can it fit a 11cm diameter case?
    Also if one adds the height of the lens & hood in shooting position, it would be about 9+4 cm=13 cm. Again, can that fit a 11 cm tall case?

Just want to clarify before I order a lens case.
    Thank you very much for posting this!
    Sorry just saw your question.
    last pic is with lens hood in reverse position. Because the case is soft sided, it does fit in shooting position as well.

Added pictures below with lens hood attached in shooting position.

Note: I got a larger camera gear bag shortly after, and never used the case much. I now only use that case for hood storage. I put 3 hoods and a tripod mount ring that don't fit nicely with the rest of my kit.
    Last edited by Kombi; 07-02-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added images