Thanks, I am just beginning to fiddle time lapse. I agree that planning a full on TL movie would involve more planning than the fiddling I did. The jerkyness I think is from the image transition in going from still images to movie in the MS movie maker was .05 seconds vs. .03333 which would be the equivalent of 30 FPS for the movie when it is played. The actual shooting was at 1 per second --the big jerk in the clip was in effect a restart after fiddling w/ some settings. I suspect the 2-3 seconds you reference is indeed the right interval.

I wasn't aware of CHDK - that may indeed be the way to go. I have always planned on the T3i/600d to be a learning event w/ a FF coming at some later point - that point coming soon - I can see burning through 100k clicks during my learning phase. I was thinking of getting one of the canon super zooms or one of the waterproof versions for some fun and games - time lapse underwater- that could be interesting.

The time of time lapse - yep that was an interesting ah ha moment - One has to do the set up, start it, and hang out listening the camera go clickety clickety - bring a good book or perhaps other images to edit?

Again thanks for the input, back in the 70's I remember doing the planning, etc with one of the 35mm movie cameras - lets just say I think the film and developing in inflation adjusted dollars was about equal to the cost of the T3i body. We have come a long way.