Thread: Need Help Please with Canon DDP 3.11.26.0 HDR

Need Help Please with Canon DDP 3.11.26.0 HDR

I have installed the latest version of DDP on 3 computers:

PC - Window XP Pro, Laptop Asus Vista 32 bit, and it works fine, but I cannot get HDR to work on the Toshiba Window 7 -64 bit (which is my main unit I use).

I have down loaded and re-installed DDP 3.11.26.0 but still no good. Have search the net for possible solutions, but no success.

Can anyone shine some light on this.

Thanks Wally

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hdr.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	1014

Name:	os.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	1015
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

The only thing I have to offer is that it isn't an issue with the one being a 64 bit Windows 7 OS. Works fine on my various computers and OS systems.

Was the download for the DPP one where you have to select your OS from a list? I can't remember if it was or not. Any chance you may have selected wrong version or that the link was to the wrong version?

Does it make any difference if you preselect the photos and then start the HDR?

Hi, judging by the first screen shot, it appears that you have only selected one photo, you have to select 3 photos in order for this process to work.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy View Post
    ...but I cannot get HDR to work on the Toshiba Window 7 -64 bit (which is my main unit I use).

I have down loaded and re-installed DDP 3.11.26.0 but still no good. Have search the net for possible solutions, but no success.

Can anyone shine some light on this.

Thanks Wally
    Wally:
    When you chose the Operating system for the Toshiba you need to pick the 64 bit version. In your case, before the download it askes you to pick the operating system - So from the operating system drop down menu you need to chose "Windows 7 (x64)".

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    Hi, judging by the first screen shot, it appears that you have only selected one photo, you have to select 3 photos in order for this process to work.
    Actually, you can do an HDR with a single shot. It will push and pull the shadows and create an HDR from the single shot automatically.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Wally:
    When you chose the Operating system for the Toshiba you need to pick the 64 bit version. In your case, before the download it askes you to pick the operating system - So from the operating system drop down menu you need to chose "Windows 7 (x64)".
    I realize that, however you must fill in the three slots as he pictured for the HDR tool to work- that's how I've managed to get it to work for me.

Actually, you can do an HDR with a single shot. It will push and pull the shadows and create an HDR from the single shot automatically.
    I realize that, however you must fill in all three sections as shown below.

Name:	Capture copy.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	1031
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    I realize that, however you must fill in all three sections as shown below.

Name:	Capture copy.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	1031
    No - You do not. I have picked one picture many times (only one section is filled in), and it works great.
    Last edited by conropl; 05-14-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    No - You do not. I have picked one picture many times (only one section is filled in), and it works great.
    Hmm, odd, I can't do that at home, however, at work I can. Both computers are Windows 7 x64. I'll remove and reinstall DPP at home to see if it fixes the problem.
    --

Hello everyone. I have just registered with the forum and found this post whilst browsing. So, I will ask a dumb question for my first post. What is the point in using just one frame when processing HDR? I thought the whole point of HDR was to us the "Dynamic Range" of multiple shots.

Quote Originally Posted by killwilly View Post
    Hello everyone. I have just registered with the forum and found this post whilst browsing. So, I will ask a dumb question for my first post. What is the point in using just one frame when processing HDR? I thought the whole point of HDR was to us the "Dynamic Range" of multiple shots.
    Usually, yes. But a single RAW file has a broader DR than can be displayed on an 8-bit monitor, so HDR can be used to extract additional DR from a single file.