Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it my imagination or are the EOS crop sensors bodies price dropping like a stone?

Is it my imagination or are the EOS crop sensors bodies price dropping like a stone?

Effective 1,150 for a 7d if you sell the kit lens for $100.

If you have no life and remember my posts, the T3i is a "starter" body and I intend to go to the 5d3 in late summer. Hopefully after the flock version 1.2 fixes roll through.

A 7d for $1,200 oof sell the T3i for $400 ish? net $800 that is quite tempting.

The 7d would become the "sportsy" body w/ the reach and the FPS for "good" IQ. The 5d3 becomes the event/landscape body. hmmmmm
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    I agree, the 7d seems to be cheaper everytime I look. It gets more and more tempting to trade in my 50d for one all the time.

Maybe Canon is clearing the supply chain to make way for the 7D II

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Maybe Canon is clearing the supply chain to make way for the 7D II
    Works for me! Do you know something, or heard anything about that possibility?

Well, I correctly predicted that the 5D III would be released in the future. I made that prediction several years ago.

I would make the same prediction now, there will be a 7D II released someday.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I would make the same prediction now, there will be a 7D II released someday.
    Over at CR there's a lot of talk that there won't even be a 7D2, that the 70D will merge the 7D and 60D back together.
    (I don't believe it, I think there'll be a 7D2 one day, but I won't buy one, my 7D1 is good enough)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Give me the AF system of the 5DIII and the 1D-X with the current FPS (8?) on an 18 MP APS-C sensor and I'd consider that a proper 7D II. And that wouldn't even require much in the way of engineering (cropping of the AF points to match the sensor not withstanding).

Dr, you can't believe anything you read on CR.

Here is what my sources are telling me;

The 7D II when released will have a full frame sensor as a pro-summer model. The reason cameras had the crop sensor all along is because of the slow processing power of processors, and the amount of data required to get a reasonable pixel count. With the new faster processors and technology, crop sensors are just not required now to get the performance and IQ that the camera companies were looking for. The 7D II will have a full frame sensor, and in the future the full frame sensor will trickle down to the consumer models.

Remember you heard it hear first, now someone will pick this information and put it on CR and the whole world will know the truth.

That's certainly what Nikkon seem to be doing, would fit that Canon are on the copy.

And I'd certainly consider a FF 70DII a worthy upgrade from my 60D if and when it came out.

I'm holding out for the 9D.