Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burglarized...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ouch on the no insurance front.

Massive sympathy for you.

Thanks... it may seem a strange reaction, but the burglary has sort of made me appreciate how little all these toys matter compared to the safety and health of my family.

Hey Jon, I'm really sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. That totally sucks, but I'm happy to hear that you appreciate what's actually important in life!

Perhaps your homeowners Insurance at your current address may cover your loss with something called personal property/possessions coverage, which is different than a personal rider for photography equipment. It would be similar to your coverage if you were visiting someone or if your loss was at a hotel or on a vacation. An example of this type of loss would be a stolen bike while you were inside a store. It's certainly worth asking about anyway. Maybe they would cover a portion of your gear (not furniture), especially since it was personal property for private use and you just left it up at the other house for the weekend.

Hang in there,
    Rich

Thanks for the idea, Rich. I didn't know about that. I'll give it a try.
    Jon.

Motion triggered camera... not too expensive and if they don't see them you might get some shots of the culprits snooping around.