Thread: Canon EOS Utility 2.11 (the one that comes with 5D3)

Canon EOS Utility 2.11 (the one that comes with 5D3)

Hello,

I bought the 5D3 today after my pre-order from like February finally came into stock. Now I've run into a little problem:

I don't have a CD-drive so I can't install the software from the disk that came with the camera. And Canon in all their wisdom have not put the EOS Utility 2.11 as a downloadable updater on their website so I have no way of installing it. I have a disk image of my 7D driver CD so I could update DPP but I would like to have EOS Utility too.

So I'm humbly asking if any fellow forum member and 5D3 owner could make a disk image of their driver CD and either put it up in DropBox or similar or upload it directly to my FTP. Please shoot me e PM if you can help me.

It would be very nice if someone could help me with this. Thanks!

Rad, Sorry no one else has responded, But here is my suggestion: Email Canon with your dilemma and request that they provide you a link for the software download. Her is a link you can use: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/profes...y/sup_by_email

Canon has always provided good customer support for me in the past, I hope you enjoy the same service.

Bob
    Bob

Thanks for the reply Bob! I did just as you suggested and to be honest feel a little stupid for not thinking about it myself Let's hope they answer quickly and provide me a link for the download.

Sampsa