Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon

Re: Canon

Interestingly, following the problems with the MkIII, Canon UK at least gave a 2 year warranty on the camera. Just required registration.

However, if a bug was found in the camera after its warranty had expired, I would expect it to be fixed FOC - on the grounds that it is a latent defect.

I went to Cheltenham on Friday for the Gold cup - and most of the pro togs still were using Canon's - a few Nikons were there, but it was by and large a Canon Fest!

I actually felt under-camera'd- I only took my MkIII, 70-200F4L and 400mmF5.6L lenses - most ofthe pro's had at least 2 bodies, sometimes 3, with anythingfrom 70-200F2.8 to 500mm or 600mm fitted.

Re: Canon

Quote Originally Posted by anglefire

I went to Cheltenham on Friday for the Gold cup - and most of the pro togs still were using Canon's - a few Nikons were there, but it was by and large a Canon Fest!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Most pros are still Canon on the field because Canon has had a lead for a decade. As you mentioned,pros whouse Canon not only have a body or two but also ten, twenty lenses and uncountable accessories. Onewould not rush to switch system unless there is an obvious and longterm advantage since switching between systems doesn't come free. Now Nikon's having a slight lead but I don't think it's that critical toleave Canon immediately just because of that.

By mentioning Nikon I don't mean to say that Canon comes short in comparison; butCanon's decadelead in digital photographyhas officially come to an end. Will I switch system in the forseeable future? I don't think so. Rather, I will certainly reduce my Canon gear and bag good Nikon ones ifNikon keep standing at the top with their products and services. PS: Bag yourself the following gear see if anything else you still need. [] Nikon D3/D3x/D700, AF-S 14-24/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 70-200/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.4, Speedlight SB 900...