Thread: Can we use 580EX-II slave in manual mode with the ST-E2 as master?

Can we use 580EX-II slave in manual mode with the ST-E2 as master?

Can we use 580EX-II slave in 'manual' mode (instead of ETTL) with the ST-E2 as master? Are there any restrictions to use the flash in ETTL mode only? I was thinking of purchasing a ST-E2 to use with a 580EX-II but want to make sure that I can use the flash in manual mode.

Thanks.

The ST-E2 instruction manual says: "Wireless manual flash can be fired by settlng the slave to single-slave or manual flash".

I had the same doubt but finally I purchased a TwinLink. It's cheaper, has radio and IR connection, you can buy another receiver if you need and works with every flash. The battery consumption is a nightmare (2 CR2 for the transmitter and 3 AAA for each receiver).

Thanks, Agilulfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Agilulfo View Post
    The ST-E2 instruction manual says: "Wireless manual flash can be fired by settlng the slave to single-slave or manual flash".

I had the same doubt but finally I purchased a TwinLink. It's cheaper, has radio and IR connection, you can buy another receiver if you need and works with every flash. The battery consumption is a nightmare (2 CR2 for the transmitter and 3 AAA for each receiver).