Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Aperture 3.3 - Has anyone tried?

Time capsule would certainly be more convenient.

I'm not sure what router you have, but you may be able to just use a USB or networked ethernet hard drive and use Time Machine wirelessly via your current router?

I know it used to work with the Airport Extreme Router and I think other non-apple routers. Originally the feature wasn't there, but then after a lot of complaints, I recall that the feature you're referring to was added. Here is a link in case you're interested.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=814762

Rich

I agree with Rich, the hourly backups are very convenient and don't affect the current work much (well, on my 2007 MacBook they do if I have Aperture open). The hard drive connected to the router should work, but before you invest in a hard drive enclosure or an external drive or a new router, I would recommend a NAS. Better performance and easy to setup these days.

Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B View Post
    The Simple/Advanced is gone. Just Highlight, Shadow and Mid Contrast are left.
    [...]
    Just found this regarding the improved(Apple)/crippled(us) Highlights & Shadows tool in Aperture 3.3. There is a ways to bring the old tool with the advanced options back:
    http://www.apertureexpert.com/tips/2...-aperture.html

I had already experimented with Curves, but this is still easier.

Arnt
    Last edited by ahab1372; 07-11-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    Just found this regarding the improved(Apple)/crippled(us) Highlights & Shadows tool in Aperture 3.3. There is a ways to bring the old tool with the advanced options back:
    http://www.apertureexpert.com/tips/2...-aperture.html

I had already experimented with Curves, but this is still easier.

Arnt
    Thanks for info. I read the part where the author says he couldn't do a better job. In all honesty I try to stay away from that pallet. It means I've jacked up a shot. I have used to fix images where my strobes didn't fire and the model nailed a pose though.

I recently shot an event that TONS of purple uplighting and Aperture for some unknown reason can NOT handle purple especially when it bleeds out from a hot spot. I had 700 shots and Aperture was destroying them all.

Out of desperation I downloaded the Lightroom 4.1 trial and I hate to say it but it did a great job on the purple and just about everything else. The UI is as clanky and goofy looking as could be but the Adobe RAW engine has come a long way in 4 years.

I really hate to say this but I think I may invest the $150 in LR as I really in and foresee Apple throwing in the towel on pro apps. I expect Aperture and iPhoto to merge. Maybe behind the scenes this is Apple throwing a bone back or playing nice with Adobe again.