Overall thoughts; Buy a 1D IV and if you still have trouble with AF it will most likely be you're skill set that needs improvement not the camera. It will focus at F/8 with the supertele plus 2X. Then buy a 5D III for portraits, landscape and still life.

Thoughts by the numbers;
1. Buy 5DMKII to tie me over until High MP camera is released in August? Seriously do you think one will be released?
2. Buy 1DX and find out that I do not need 30MP to crop without being shot trying to manual focus on subjects. I think what you say would be correct, keep your head down though.
3. Buy the 800mm tele and wait until canon makes a camera that a photo Journalist can really take to town and produce great photos. Sounds good to me, although I might opt for the new 600 or 500 instead.
4. Save my money weight for the new August release info along with the new 3 lenses and enjoy my setup I have. This is a dream, again you are only speculating on a camera that may not exist.
5. Purchase Nikon D4 and use it until next year when Canon makes a camera that fits my needs. If buying excess gear makes you happy. Personally I choose to only support one camera company.