Thread: Headed to Maine!

Headed to Maine!

Going to head out early in the morning for a 9 day trip to Maine. The plan is to stop every 8 hours and camp in a park for the night. First stop is Shenandoah Nat Park in Virginia, then Connecticut, then Free port, then on to Acadia Nat Park.

Just for funs, we are going to swing by BH photo video since I've never been there.

I'll post some shots from the trip when we get back.

Here's hoping it doesn't rain the whole time.

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Have fun! B&H is an overwhelming experience. I actually left after 10 minutes when I went - a sort of photography sensory overload, combined with an ever growing feeling that I was about to lose control of my wallet and be forced to live with my new photography equipment rather than my wife! But you should definitely see the place. It's amazing.

Looking forward to pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Going to head out early in the morning for a 9 day trip to Maine. The plan is to stop every 8 hours and camp in a park for the night. First stop is Shenandoah Nat Park in Virginia, then Connecticut, then Free port, then on to Acadia Nat Park.

Just for funs, we are going to swing by BH photo video since I've never been there.

I'll post some shots from the trip when we get back.

Here's hoping it doesn't rain the whole time.

Dave.
    Post some shots of B&H. You shouldn't have to worry about rain while your there. Might need to put a lock on your wallet.
    Have a great trip.
    Mark

I hope you have a good time, I don't live very far from Acadia and it's a beautiful place- be sure to check out the carriage trails and cobblestone bridges.
    --

Made it back in one piece!! Thanks for your suggestions all! Photos to come!

Oh, and by the way. I went into B&H and I immediately got overwhelmed. There were so many people and it was so noisy and there were so many great things in there. I couldn't take it. I just went right upstairs and picked out a tripod for the wife. I didn't know you were supposed to wait in line to get stuff and I asked one of the people at the desk where I was supposed to go, he was very nice and just rang me up without making me wait in line. Then I went downstairs to pay, did so and got my wife's tripod and bounced. All in all I was on the island of Manhattan for 50 minutes and left 500 bucks poorer.

So overwhelming I didn't stop to take a picture of it. Well, my wife did take a snap of me outside the door, nothing exciting.

I'll prolly post the best in the "post your current best shots thread"

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro