Thread: Yongnuo RF-603C wireless flash trigger

Yongnuo RF-603C wireless flash trigger

I just purchased 4 of these wireless triggers along with a couple of YN560-II speedlites. I already had a 430EXII. I wanted to know if I could shoot the 430EXII off camera at high speed sync using these triggers. I was only able to do it on camera without the triggers. As soon as I setup with the triggers, the fastest shutter I could use without seeing the curtain in the image was around 160 on my 5D2.

Even though the published max sync speed for a flash is 1/200 sec (without using high-speed sync), I can confirm your suspicions about the 1/160 number. Having purchased a 5D Mark within the past 6 months, I'm only getting 1/160 second full sync speed without having the shutter block a small part of the bottom of the frame when using Paul C. Buff Cybersyncs. If you want faster sync speeds, you'll have to 1) invest in all Canon flashes and control them via the built-in IR (you must have a 580EX, 580EX II, or ST-E2, etc for the commander) and use high-speed sync or 2) invest in Pocketwizards and dial in a Hypersync adjustment. However, wit hthe second option, you may only see a slight increase in your full shutter sync speed.
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 07-12-2012 at 05:24 PM.