Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on pet photo shoot

Very nice, bright and sharp photos!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    SUPERB!!

Please fill us in on your set-up!
    Thanks Denise and Jayson. Setup was pretty simple. I used one flash with a shoot through umbrella setup at camera left about 45 degrees and shooting downward at about 30 degrees. I had a DIY reflector setup at camera right. I used my 5D2 and 70-200 lens. Shot at f/8-f/11 most of the time at 1/160 and ISO 100. Denise I took your advice on the basket shot, but we did it with a little twist. I think it came out pretty well .

Bella and Lola by MAzing Pictures, on Flickr

We used a black coat on a chair for the background and surface.

OMG! This is as perfect as it could get!! I absolutely LOVE the last shot!!! The poses of the two sweeties could not have been any better, especially the dog on the left!

If anyone is interested creativelive is streaming live now and it is about people and pet photography and will be for the next 3 days I think.

http://www.creativelive.com/live

These photos are wonderful!! I'm very impressed!

I served a month as the pet photographer at petco and petsmart. Squeaky toys are a must have plus you need to practice doing a unique , loud sound that can get there attention. I was not allowed to keep the digital images so when I got done uploading them they were dumped. These just so happened to be left from my last shoot. Props are the biggest thing you can do to make for some cute photos.

@freelanceshots:
    Nice shots! If these were just what was left from your last shoot, I wonder what your best ones looked like!
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes