View Poll Results: Which photo is your favorite for the assignment?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dave Johnston

3 8.11%
  • Kayaker72

5 13.51%
  • Stephen Probert

20 54.05%
  • Btaylor

6 16.22%
  • M_Six

3 8.11%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #39 - Bridges (Congrats Stephen Probert)

#39 - Bridges (Congrats Stephen Probert)

On behalf of Erno James this assignment is all about Bridges

"Thanks to all who participated in the Water Assignment! To keep the trend going, since i like the phrase "Water under the bridge," the next Assignment topic will be....BRIDGES!

The following photos have been selected as finalists:

Name: Dave Johnston
    Motivation: This simple yet elegant white bridge captures the surrounding serene countryside so well.

Name: Kayaker72
    Motivation: An American icon that just celebrated its 75 yr anniversary, the combination of the rock steady bridge with the motion in the foreground grasses works perfectly here. Toss in some golden hour highlights and you've got a keeper.

Name: Stephen Probert
    Motivation: Mesa Arch Sunrise is a great take on BRIDGES. I've witnessed folks walking ON TOP of this natural wonder, so yes it is a bridge. Stephen shows his mastery of light as he nailed down capturing this challenging shot with its wide range of stops of light. Toss in the perfect starburst and this is an image I could view all day long.

Name: Btaylor
    Motivation: Huan Kiem Lake. This dreamlike nightscape with its perfectly mirrored reflection is pure beauty.

Name: M_Six
    Motivation: This low angle and ultrawide angle point of view puts the viewer right in this image, and right on this bridge. Nicely done.

The poll will be open for 3 days, good luck!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 08-14-2012 at 11:08 AM.

I'm not sure how we're supposed to compete with those examples! I look forward to this one.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    I'm not sure how we're supposed to compete with those examples! I look forward to this one.
    That was my very first thought as well. But I'll find something

Those are amazing examples.....and I think I know almost exactly where Enro was when he took #2:

My entry...for now:

Golden Gate Bridge-5243 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant

[UPDATE]: I think I will make my second photo below (Mesa Arch Sunrise) my "official" entry for this Assignment.

Here is my entry. The reflection of a bridge in Frankfurt.

Reflecting bridge by stephenprobert, on Flickr

Another idea for "Bridge". (Have been away from the discussion boards on TDP for a while, are the assignment rules listed in an earlier post?)

Mesa Arch Sunrise by stephenprobert, on Flickr
    Last edited by Stephen Probert; 07-29-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Man, right off the bat come three fantastic shots! Looking forward to more goodness! -Erno

Don't know the name of the bridge but its at Halong Bay, Vietnam.

Canon 350D, EF-S 10-22 @ 17mm, f8, ISO400, 2.5s

Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Well since I pretty much live in the desert we don't have much of a need for bridges, so I've pulled one from the archives for this assignment. So I apologise for the lack of originality.

This is in Hanoi, Vietnam at Huan Kiem Lake. It's a 7 shot HDR tone mapped in Photomatix Pro. Taken with the trusty 40D about 3 years ago!

Huan Kiem Lake - Hanoi, Vietnam by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

QUOTE=Stephen Probert;72937]Here is my entry. The reflection of a bridge in Frankfurt.

Reflecting bridge by stephenprobert, on Flickr

Another idea for "Bridge". I'll go for the first, for now. (Have been away from the discussion boards on TDP for a while, are the assignment rules listed in an earlier post?)

Mesa Arch Sunrise by stephenprobert, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

I thought I recognized that arch, I mean bridge. Good work!

Since I've got several positive comments here and elsewhere on the Mesa arch shot, I think I should change that to my "official" submission for this one.