Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Interesting 1DX review

thanks Joel!, not buying the 1DX but jealous how easily he got those owl shots. "hate" the first picture, those are 1DX and version II telephoto glass!!!!

That's a great review. Thanks for posting it Joel!

I'm trying to use all of my restraint, not to just put this X-factor on my credit card right now!

Let's take bets to see how long I'll last. The over/under is September 1st.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post

I'm trying to use all of my restraint, not to just put this X-factor on my credit card right now!

Rich
    After seeing those shots of Owls at high ISO and the low BG noise I may not be able to resist very long either

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto View Post
    thanks Joel!, not buying the 1DX but jealous how easily he got those owl shots. "hate" the first picture, those are 1DX and version II telephoto glass!!!!
    I agree but I believe these were captive Owls, so getting the shots wasn't too challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post

Rich
    Hmmm...Jonathan will continue to post amazing shots....John will start posting his reviews and amazing shots...Bryan will finalize his review....Joel and Bob are going to be awfully tempted and may buy.....summer is wanning and with it the chance to catch surfers and sailboats.....fall is about to start and with it the temptation of amazing high ISO shots of night football games......

I am thinking...UNDER

no bet of monetary value was agreed upon or implied by this post, unless you want to give me enough money to buy a 1DX which I will gladly accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Hmmm...Jonathan will continue to post amazing shots....John will start posting his reviews and amazing shots...Bryan will finalize his review....Joel and Bob are going to be awfully tempted and may buy.....summer is wanning and with it the chance to catch surfers and sailboats.....fall is about to start and with it the temptation of amazing high ISO shots of night football games......

I am thinking...UNDER

no bet of monetary value was agreed upon or implied by this post, unless you want to give me enough money to buy a 1DX which I will gladly accept.
    I'm jealous. I'm still holding out on pulling the trigger on a 1DIII. Going to Vancouver in three weeks, so if it doesn't happen within the next week, I'm guessing the pressure to purchase will go away for a bit. I can't wait for my mid-life crisis (10 years and three months away; yes, I have it scheduled to the day) when I needlessly buy the most expensive camera I can...or a motorcycle
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    ...summer is wanning and with it the chance to catch surfers and sailboats.....fall is about to start and with it the temptation of amazing high ISO shots of night football games......

I am thinking...UNDER
    Way, Way Under, I may not make it through the end of the week. The "X" is starting to trickle into some of the smaller stores now.
    I have an Auto Race and a Pro Surfing tournament the 2nd weekend of Sept and of course Footbal season is coming up!
    I wouldn't mind having one before that, so that I can get used to it. I will probably sell my 1DMKIV and one of my 7D's to get the 1DX.

Brant, I must admit that I had it in the cart a few times already, I even hit proceed to checkout, before removing it from the cart. I also want to make sure that their are no other hidden problems with it! So far, it's looking very promising for Canon, so lets hope they get through the Olympics unscathed.

Rich
    Last edited by Richard Lane; 07-24-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks for the link Joel. I like his frank reviews. He's a damn good photographer and the performance of the 1Dx seems to be blowing a lot of people away.

I might have to start stalking John and indefinitely borrow his. It's a long way to go from here though, the flights would probably pay for my own 1Dx... hmmm maybe that's how I'll shape my justification to the other half. She'll buy that right?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Ahh, nope.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur