Thread: Apple's Mountain Lion to be released tomorrow

Apple's Mountain Lion to be released tomorrow

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57479042-37/apples-mountain-lion-launches-tomorrow/?tag=cnetRiver

Anyone upgrading?

$19.99 is such a bargain as compared to Windows upgrades.

I personally like to wait a little while before upgrading the OS!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57479042-37/apples-mountain-lion-launches-tomorrow/?tag=cnetRiver

Anyone upgrading?

$19.99 is such a bargain as compared to Windows upgrades.

I personally like to wait a little while before upgrading the OS!

Rich
    Probably not, everything works fine now why change.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Probably not, everything works fine now why change.
    It is rumored that it has better performance/stability than the current Lion (although I cannot complain too much - occasionally something hangs here and there for a few seconds). I cannot think of any features that I'm currently missing.
    Either way, always good to wait for the .1 update

Arnt

I will upgrade. I bought my Macbook Pro after June 11 so I am eligible for the free upgrade.

I'm only upgrading to make use of dictation. I want to be able to yell at my Mac and tell if where to dodge/burn on an image . The neighbours will be kept awake to screams of, "Not there you idiot! Over theeeeeeere!!!" as I point violently at the screen

In all honesty, I have read reports of improved stability. I've had a few occasions where Aperture and Final Cut Pro X have hung and I've had to reboot - so it would be nice if that goes away (even though it boots in 15secs). I also like the idea of Power Nap, particularly when downloading large files or running updates overnight.

Thought it would be on the apple site by now but it appears not yet...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I am a kitty cat or two behind with upgrading mine. The last upgrade they did I waited because everyone was having adobe problems with the upgrade and I just never did.

I worry that the upgrades are more of a marketing scheme. They sell it to you cheap, it will eat up more memory whether it needs to or not and make your system seem slower. Now you think you need the latest greatest fast mac because yours is a couple years old.

Mountain Lion does offer a few nice improvements to Lion in terms of features, and although 10.7 didn't have major stability issues, I do have occasional hangs that I don't experience with 10.8, so Mountain Lion does seem more stable so far.

Hi

Does anyone here's having problem with wifi and mountain lion?

1. I have a Late 2011 MacBook Pro 15" bought in June 2012
    2. Upgraded Mountain Lion On Wed July 25th (I know now it wasn't the wise thing to upgrade on the release date)
    3. Started having Wifi issue since July 30th
    4. Mac can't connect to wifi after waking up or turning on
    5. My other mobile devices are connected and functioning properly (Android Phone, Android Tablets, Window Laptop and iPhone)
    6. The only thing I can get connected is to power off my router and turn it back on
    7. Here's the weird thing, when my MacBook Pro can't connect to wifi after waking up or turning on, if I turn off wifi on my other devices and turn them back on they too cannot reconnect. (I do this to rule out a defective router) I would need to power off/on my router for everything to reconnect. It seems like once the MacBook is having problem with connecting to a wifi connection it affects all the devices that are trying to connect to the same connection. If the other devices have already been connected prior the Mac/Wifi issue, they are connected.

Thanks

Nate

I jumped on Mt. Lion since I was having so many issues with Lion. So far Mt. Lion is a big improvement. I'm still having some Finder drag and drop issues but not nearly as often and it doesn't seem to take a force quit to resolve. I know this has to be an issue with Auto Save or Time Machine in some way. I haven't had the Can not save issue yet.

Upgraded, can't tell the difference to be honest. I've only been using Mac's for a month or so though so there's a fair chance I haven't found a lot of the features yet.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Oh Nate, haven't seen any of those issues mate. Wifi connected as normal for me, as did network connections to my PC.