Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Broken Hotshoe on 430 ex II Need assistance!

Well, my trusty flash took a tumble along with my 7D and 70-200mm f/4L IS today. I don't see that my 7D and Lens have any issues, at least in the early hours since this happened, but my flash didn't take to the fall quite so well. Anyone know of a reliable place to purchase a replacement foot for the hotshoe? The wireless and everything still works on the flash, but no way to mount it.

Sorry about your flash. No good lead for a repair place. Shouldn't be too hard to fix, although it might look a little ghetto. Good time to kickstart a project with a shoe mount airbag that encapsulates both camera and flash during a fall.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Or just don't allow my son to run through the house carrying a nerf sword!

IIRC, the part is designed to break away. I will admit I didn't look this evening, but several months ago I found the foot assembly on eBay for <$30.

I found that too, but it looked like it has some extra piece to it. I wasn't too sure about the seller either. I got a suggestion for USCamera but can't find any reviews. It looks as though it is a parts wholesale and repair facility, but doesn't have any other information.

I got an e-mail from http://www.flashzebra.com/ from my inquiry a few years ago giving me a quote of $47 for a replacement foot for my 580EXII.
    I am sure they can get you a replacement for yours as well. sales@flashzebra.com
    Mark

Update: I called Canon Service today regarding the replacement hot shoe assembly for the 430 ex II and ordered the replacement right then. It was about $10 cheaper ordering it from Canon then it would have been ordering from another place with that part. Should be an easy fix in 5 to 7 business days.

That's awesome. I always think the worst when it comes to pricing from Canon. Maybe I should check in with the more often.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Update: I called Canon Service today regarding the replacement hot shoe assembly for the 430 ex II and ordered the replacement right then. It was about $10 cheaper ordering it from Canon then it would have been ordering from another place with that part. Should be an easy fix in 5 to 7 business days.
    Cool Glad it worked out even better.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    That's awesome. I always think the worst when it comes to pricing from Canon. Maybe I should check in with the more often.
    Me too! It was an interesting conversation. Maybe they are in the process of updating the 430 to something with a radio trigger??? Just kidding. I was surprised at the ease of ordering the part and locating the needed item for the cheaper price. Maybe I'll consider that next time, (crossing fingers).