Thread: Apollo broken rib

Apollo broken rib

My poor apollo softbox took a tumble today and he is in a lot of pain. Poor guy broke one of the ribs. He had fallen once before and had a bruise rib, which was being cared for by some duct and electrical tape. This morning it was too much when I attempted to open him up for some use and the strain was too much for him to bare.

Anyone have any experience with this and know how to fix it? I was thinking of splinting it, but didn't know what to do with since it is right at the first elbow. I have read online at purchasing ribs, but they are like $60. I think if I am going to spend that much, I might as well get another or the orb. Since it is the same material as your basic umbrella, that advise could work too.

Little help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jayson

Anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking of splinting it with something, but didn't know what type of splint I should use..Thanks for the help.

I just looked at one. I was hoping for a hollow tube which you could insert a plastic rod or piece of wood. With it being a "u" shape, you could still try to lay something in there, but I'm not overly excited about it. You any good with soldering? Another piece of light metal bent inside and soldered up could work but I don't think so. Taking chunks from another regular umbrella prolly won't work. I'm surprised the manufacturer wouldn't give you a deal on the broken piece. It doesn't cost them anything (could be pulled from scrap run), and keeps a customer happy.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.