Wedding is in 4 days and my ...so much has changed!

#1 - Weather forecast has changed. Now it is going to be intervals of clouds and sunshine!

I received an email a couple hours ago from the b-t-b letting me know that the rehearsal is now. I wasn't prepared to go to a rehearsal spur of the moment which would have been very beneficial ...if only she would have told me maybe yesterday.

I have convinced them that taking all of the portraits in 1/2 an hour in two locations between ceremony and reception wasn't possible. So, they are going to have me for an additional hour during the reception. That doesn't change the amount of time between ceremony and reception but at least now it doesn't have to be all done in a 1/2 hour! WHEW!!! So, I think it would be best to do the entire party shot down by the lake and a couple b&g shots.

I am thinking of doing the portraits in the ceremony room down the hall from the reception area during the reception (after main dances) and just have people come in there when it is there time to take photos.

Now this opens up a whole new set-up possibilities for lighting! I would probably still have my daughter in the reception room taking candid shots with the 430ex II. Which leaves me with the 580ex II for portraits. Now I need to decide whether to still leave flash on camera and bounce it, use an omni-bounce or use my small on-camera softbox. Or, set-up a softbox or umbrella on stand?

If anyone wants to chime in on ideas for shooting individual and group shots with one speedlight feel free. I'm just trying to figure out what is best to use with it and best way to eliminate any shadows.

I have read 4 books on wedding photography this past week or so and alot of it is all jumbled in my head at the moment ...each book tells me something different!