Last night I received this message on my phone, " Hi, Denise my name is Angelica. I was looking at your website and just love your work. I wanted to know if you do weddings. I'm getting married in September and I'm looking to hire a good photographer."

*GASP*!

Additonal info I have is that it is a small wedding (75 guests), it is in my hometown and I would be the sole photographer!!

I am suppose to call her today at 11:00 to discuss it further!

There are a number of reasonably priced wedding photographers listed on my local craigslist that she could have contacted. Maybe she has, maybe she's shopping but to contact me!? No, I don't do weddings, never done a wedding ...BUT, very hard to turn down the opportunity when I desperately need the income! Maybe this is a godsend in disguise?

First question - Should I even be considering this!? My thought is to provide a service at a very low economical price to people that might not otherwise be able to afford the service at all. Maybe that is the case here, I don't know. Also, I would be totally up front with her regarding my inexperience and leave the decision up to her. Maybe she'll decide it is in her best interest not to hire me and I am sweating this for nothing but she already knows I don't show weddings on my website nor do I mention them in my ad on craigslist.

Second question - What are the top things I would need (to rent mostly) for gear? I have sold all of my best pro equipment! Also, I would need an extra camera, cards etc.! Yet, I don't want to put every penny I make from the job into the job! How many camera batteries, flash batteries, cards are we usually talking for a wedding anyway? I think I would have to rent a 5d II and a 35mm 1.4?

Third question - When I talk to her today, what are some things that I should be asking that I may not be thinking of?

Any input this morning before I talk to her would seriously be very appreciated! Have a great day guys!