Thread: Adorama is nice, but I miss the logical searching/shopping of B&H

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    The website is still going through continuous upgrades and improvements, and feedback from our customers is a fabulous way for us to double-check that the search parameters we have in place are working - or not!

If you are searching for an item and it is causing you trouble, please email me directly with:
    The browser you are using
    As far as possible the full description of the item

If you found it, but with difficulty:
    The browser you were using
    Your order confirmation number
    The SKU# of the item

I'm liaising directly with the web team to iron out these search issues, one by one, with the hope that once finished we have a website that 100% meets our customers' needs.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com
    Helen,
    It is not that we cannot find things on the Adorama website. The filters that B&H have are nice like setting it to show only "L" series lenses for those of us with "L" disease
    It just makes it a little more user friendly
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    Helen,
    It is not that we cannot find things on the Adorama website. The filters that B&H have are nice like setting it to show only "L" series lenses for those of us with "L" disease
    It just makes it a little more user friendly
    clemmb, I think it is both filters and search. You can eventually find something, provided you know the exact item you want. Sometimes I have found that even knowing the exact item, you have to search several different way. Of course if the filters were set up better I might not be using the search function at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post

clemmb, I think it is both filters and search. You can eventually find something, provided you know the exact item you want. Sometimes I have found that even knowing the exact item, you have to search several different way. Of course if the filters were set up better I might not be using the search function at all.
    Well, ok, I had not visited the Adorama site in a while. I see it has been improved and I find it more user friendly now
    Thanks Adorama
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    Helen,
    This is EXACTLY the level of info I need from you to pass on to the web team! This, and the other suggestions in the thread have been forwarded on.
    Thank you all.
    Last edited by HelenOster; 08-13-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Mark

The Adorama site also shows only "L" series lenses: http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Cameras %26 Lenses&cat2=Lenses %26 Accessories&cat3=35mm %26 Digital SLR Lenses&Feature5=Canon L

We are in the process (long process) of making improvements to the data/search/categorization/refinements and are consistently adding to these on a weekly/daily basis.
    If there are specific refinements requested by our customers, we do take note, and focus on those.

Last edited by HelenOster; 08-14-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    Mark

The Adorama site also shows only "L" series lenses: http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Cameras %26 Lenses&cat2=Lenses %26 Accessories&cat3=35mm %26 Digital SLR Lenses&Feature5=Canon L

We are in the process (long process) of making improvements to the data/search/categorization/refinements and are consistently adding to these on a weekly/daily basis.
    If there are specific refinements requested by our customers, we do take note, and focus on those.

Yes, I corrected myself on this. Thanks.
    Mark