Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adorama is nice, but I miss the logical searching/shopping of B&H

Adorama is nice, but I miss the logical searching/shopping of B&H

Oh well.
    Last edited by Scott Stephen; 08-10-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes

I get your point.

But still, Sigma rebate plus additional discount...:
    " Now Get Exclusive Inside Discounts from Adorama - Shipping to Over 200 CountriesBig news: Premier site partner Adorama has just provided The-Digital-Picture.com site visitors with an exclusive inside rep with authority to discount prices.

Before making a purchase at Adorama, contact jwaldner@adorama.com for additional savings not advertised online on select items like the 5DM3 and the 70-300mm L Lens.

You must mention "The-Digital-Picture.com" to get this discount. Also provide the list of items you are interested in ordering.

The site will continue receive needed support from these purchases.

Adorama currently ships to over 200 countries. Photographers worldwide can take advantage of Adorama's great prices.
    "

Oh by the way, you should at least check out the 50mm f1.4 it's awesome

I will agree that the Adorama site (in its current form August - 2012) is not as intuitive or user-friendly as the B&H site. Adorama has gone through a couple of site refreshes in the last few years, and each has brought improvements (and small, isolated steps backwards, in my opinion). Generally, though, it gets better with time.

The change from B&H to Adorama resulted from B&H no longer recognizing the advertising revenue generated from the site because of a state sales tax law reinterpretation in Bryan's home state (at least, that's the simple version). It was a mess. *Bryan went through great lengths to rectify the situation, but he was unable to smooth things out with B&H; the switch to Adorama was long over-due, at least from a fiscal standpoint.

Bryan works hard to bring us the most comprehensive and reliable review information for Canon products that's out there. *If you find his hard work useful when making a purchasing decision, then I'm sure he would appreciate you using Adorama to support the site even if it comes at a slight inconvenience in user-friendliess.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...aspx?News=2705

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

What the OP points out is so true. Adorama's site is a pain. It is hard to make comparison, half the time it seems I do multiple searches to find things.

Maybe Helen will read this and relay it to the powers that be at Adorama. A little tough love, Adorama is loosing sales because of this.

Sean, one question, if we go with other stores like eBay or Amazon by using TDP'Link, are they some for Bryan or Adaroma is better for him?thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I agree with all the comments but its great to have Maybe Helen as a member here. She has been very helpful to many here and I am sure will continue to be. Hope our loyalty will prompt some help with the website
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto View Post
    Sean, one question, if we go with other stores like eBay or Amazon by using TDP'Link, are they some for Bryan or Adaroma is better for him?thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    If you use the links on the site, you're supporting the site--whether it's Adorama, eBay, or Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The website is still going through continuous upgrades and improvements, and feedback from our customers is a fabulous way for us to double-check that the search parameters we have in place are working - or not!

If you are searching for an item and it is causing you trouble, please email me directly with:
    The browser you are using
    As far as possible the full description of the item

If you found it, but with difficulty:
    The browser you were using
    Your order confirmation number
    The SKU# of the item

I'm liaising directly with the web team to iron out these search issues, one by one, with the hope that once finished we have a website that 100% meets our customers' needs.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    The website is still going through continuous upgrades and improvements, and feedback from our customers is a fabulous way for us to double-check that the search parameters we have in place are working - or not!

If you are searching for an item and it is causing you trouble, please email me directly with:
    The browser you are using
    As far as possible the full description of the item

If you found it, but with difficulty:
    The browser you were using
    Your order confirmation number
    The SKU# of the item

I'm liaising directly with the web team to iron out these search issues, one by one, with the hope that once finished we have a website that 100% meets our customers' needs.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com
    Helen,
    It is not that we cannot find things on the Adorama website. The filters that B&H have are nice like setting it to show only "L" series lenses for those of us with "L" disease
    It just makes it a little more user friendly
    Mark

I have no problem navigating Adorama's site. It's very user friendly, IMO. Just did a search for CF cards, and it brought me right to where I needed to be.

They're not losing sales because of me, that's for sure.