Thread: Actions and Presets

Actions and Presets

I dont' know how many of you use "actions" in photoshop or presets in Lightroom but I just found a number of freebies that I just downloaded for both. Maybe many of you are already aware of this site but I just came across it this morning.

Granted, a couple of the actions for photoshop I haven't gotten to work but a majority of them do. I think it is only two that cannot find the .ATN file. Other than that, the rest work great!! The "Touch of Light/Touch of Darknesss", sharpening, burnt edges and frame actions work great!! I have not tried the watermark action as of yet.

One thing that is really nice is with the actions, there are helpful instruction boxes that pop up as the action is running.

So, if you are interested in any of them they can be found here ...

http://www.mcpactions.com/

FWIW - The Mini Fusion action also works well.

Cool. Thanks.

I have two actions I made that I use a lot. One does a nice High Pass sharpening and one does a LAB color boost. Both were easy enough to create. I'm always willing to try more, though.
    Mark - Flickr

Could we make this a place for us to link to our favourites? I could do with a good sharpening action for lightroom, because to be honest, it's an area of post-processing I really don't understand that much.

I have 2 presets, one for each camera, which boost contrast, clarity, vibrancy and sharpness to varying extents as my "default". I then have another that does some of my Black and White processing for me. But they're just time savers really as I found I was doing the same things to every image.

Quote Originally Posted by ham View Post
    Could we make this a place for us to link to our favourites? I could do with a good sharpening action for lightroom, because to be honest, it's an area of post-processing I really don't understand that much.

I have 2 presets, one for each camera, which boost contrast, clarity, vibrancy and sharpness to varying extents as my "default". I then have another that does some of my Black and White processing for me. But they're just time savers really as I found I was doing the same things to every image.
    What version of lightroom do you have? I don't use lightroom very often at all since I just never quite got the hang of it so I only have Lightroom 3. I go in there every once in awhile just to try out a few presets for a photo.

Yesterday, I downloaded over 190 free presets from OnOne (Volumes 1, 2 & 3) but it is only supports Lightroom 2 & 3. In Volume 3, there are presets for sharpening and noise reduction for general use and a few of them are specifically for landscape and a few for portraits. Each one has a light, medium and strong preset to choose from.

Here's the link if you or anyone else is interested ...

http://www.ononesoftware.com/marketp...for-lightroom/

I'm sure they will come out with one for Lightroom 4 soon. I hope this helps!

Denise

I have LR 4 unfortunately. I find it odd that people don't get on it with it, I think it's brilliant and I've not touched Elements or DPP since my Dad bought it for me.