View Poll Results: Which photo is your favorite for the assignment?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kayaker72

4 9.76%
  • Erno James

9 21.95%
  • Dr Croubie

10 24.39%
  • Sheiky

8 19.51%
  • Conropl

10 24.39%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #40 - Multiple - Congrats multiples, conropl and Dr. Croubie

#40 - Multiple - Congrats multiples, conropl and Dr. Croubie

On behalf of Stephen Probert this is assignment 40: Multiple

Description: Most often, it seems a photograph will have a strong, singular subject, but a series of similar or different subjects may be arranged to make a photo more interesting. Whether it is a found or arranged pattern, a haphazard collection, several objects that are dissimilar in most aspects, but have a common thread or something completely different, show us your interpretation of "Multiple."

Wow, this was hard to do. Lots of great shots, this was hard to narrow down. Great job everyone! The five I picked are:

Name: Kayaker72
    Motivation: I love the crop and the warm and cool of the grasses and water. I also enjoy that most the the geese had their attention drawn to camera right. It was hard to choose from several great geese shots!

Name: Erno James
    Motivation: How can I resist! This reminds me of the example shot I gave which also used mirrors. I like the 3-dimensional pattern created by the top and bottom mirrors. A couple things I would like to see here is shooting with a make-shift light tent....and clean the lens!

Name: Dr Croubie
    Motivation: I am a sucker for tilt-lens effects and this simple composition really got me scratching my head trying to figure out which way is up. Nice!

Name: Sheiky
    Motivation: the parking lot from above very much captures the idea of multiple, but as you titled the photo, to infinity! A shot like this gives the eye a lot to search for.

Name: Conropl
    Motivation: A classic multiple shot, I enjoy the simplicity and soft lighting. Great color and even light. The bottom flower throws the composition off a bit, IMO, but I still like the shot.

Last edited by Sheiky; 09-03-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Fantastic samples.
    I didn't take the time to submit last round, so I'll jump in right away. For fun

Multiple generations of VW buses.

Multi sire litter, multi pups

As I played a bit with my latest acquisition, a 100 mm f/2.8 L IS Macro, here are two "multiple". The question is: "multiple what?"

7D with 100 mm f/2.8 L IS Macro @ 1/250, f/16, ISO 100 for the first and f/11 for the second. 430EX II on the left of the camera.

Pepper and Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Probert View Post
    Pepper and Salt!
    Correct!

I'll give it a go!

Multiple "high-key" ducks.

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Books

(Small part of Wifey's library. We just redid the floor this week and put all the shelves and books back this weekend. Oh my aching back.)

Mark - Flickr

Wow, that's a lot of books.
    (I'm looking forward to that in my future too, part of the deal when going out with a girl doing a PhD in Poetry/literature...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Corn Row at the Iowa State Fair

Iowa State Fair - Corn Row by 4mozaSmiles, on Flickr

5d3 8-15mm 1/100 f/4 ISO 800

Thankfully, not all the corn in the Midwest suffered in the drought!