Thread: MacBook Pro with Retina Display

MacBook Pro with Retina Display

I am still considering a MacBook Pro, but would like some info and insight on the new "retina display". So I have some questions for any of you out there that have actually seen and used this version of the MacBook pro.

1. Is it really that much better---Just your overall impression.

2. Is it any brighter? Can you use it and is it easy to see in daylight?

3. How is the color duplication and sharpness----Basically, is it any better for editing photos?

Any info is appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Bob
    Bob

Bob,
    I have seen them both, but did not do in-depth side by side comparison. I bought the 13inch, mostly because at home it is usually attached to an external monitor. I find the built-in screen good and bright enough to do editing when on the road, even without the retina screen.
    I do remember the retina to be somewhat more detailed. I could stop by the local Apple store and give it another look.

Arnt

Thanks Arnt. No Need to make a special trip to the Apple store, I should be close to one next week, maybe I'll go have a look myself.

Thanks Again,

Bob
    Bob

Bob,

The retina display is very nice. There are no jagged pixelated edges... anywhere.

It's bright, and even though it's a gloss screen I don't find the reflections to be anywhere near as bad as gloss screens on other laptops I have used. But you can easily see clearly in bright daylight, there's more than enough backlighting for that.

Colour and sharpness are both amazing. Honestly my photos look so much better on the mac screen than on my dell screen as the detail and contrast are spot on.

I have really enjoyed mine since getting it, upgraded to Mountain Lion and saw no change really. It's without a doubt the only laptop I'd own at this point. Just be sure to spec up from the word go as I believe hardware upgrades are difficult at this point. I got the i7 2.6ghz and 16gb RAM and it's great.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30