Page 113 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1363

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

First attempt at a soccer portrait

After a bit of discussion I talked my son into posing for me. Here's one where we went for the tough guy look. Text obviously added in post. Used three lights - main light camera center and higher above him through a soft box and two bare lights at 45's behind him, both gelled red. On second thought I probably should have put them through umbrellas. Oh well, live and learn...

Soccer Game Face by B_R_T, on Flickr

Here's another attempt. This time it was part of a senior portrait shoot (my first one).

Senior Saturday Part Two by B_R_T, on Flickr
    Last edited by bgood; 03-23-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Both are great shots Brian

Indeed...great photos Brian! For a first time senior portrait it looks very good! By the way what's up with the lips (watermark?) in the second photo?

Thanks. The lips were all her's. I didn't do anything to them. As for the watermark, I have been adding those to my flickr photos as a meager attempt to discourage copying them.

Lol I bet she has her own lips, but we are talking about the watermark lips in her neck right? Or do you mean your name-tag watermark?

I was staring at her actually lips wondering what the heck you were talking about, Jan! Now I see what you mean on her neck and partly on her jacket lapel. Looks like maybe the area was missed with the brush(?) You have a VERY keen eye, Jan!

Yes it's hard to overlook I guess The shape actually looks really similar to her real lips. It's probably just lip-flare.
    I don't know if I'm right, but if this isn't a watermark on purpose. It might be a forgotten selection. Perhaps Brian adjusted the lips selectively and accidentally moved his selection over some other layers... I don't know. I do want to know though...Brian?

OK, you got me. Nice catch. I honestly missed it. I went back to check on where it came from and it was a layer that I was applying to everything but her lips and somehow ended up copying that mask twice. I wish I could claim it as a watermark, but sadly, no, it's just a flub. Luckily, she hasn't picked her photos yet and I have already fixed it. Thanks again for catching it. I knew there was a good reason to throw an image or two on here!!! I updated it and hopefully don't have lips in other places they shouldn't be.
    Last edited by bgood; 03-23-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Did some engagements this week

IMG_0025 by clemmb60, on Flickr

IMG_0122a by clemmb60, on Flickr

IMG_0089a by clemmb60, on Flickr

IMG_0182a by clemmb60, on Flickr

IMG_0042 by clemmb60, on Flickr
    Mark