Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Yes. No bribes needed they have been cooperating for years. As they get older it is easier and more fun too.

Tom,

I think the lighting set up for the black and whites you posted work very well for the man in the hat! It's a great mood/emotion that the subject emits and the lighting emphasizes that greatly! I'm not sure I would use the same lighting for the clarinetist though. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of the left (viewer's right) side of her face. I'm nit-picking, I hope you don't mind! Again though, fantastic lighting on the man in the hat!

- Rodger

I know that this isn't digital, and that it's not the greatest technical portrait. But it makes me smile. And I figured I'd bump the thread. Impossible Project PX color flush film.

Dont know if its my best. But I like this one of my wife because it was taken at the spur of the moment at a party.

Thank you so much for all of your kind prayers, well wishes and kind words! EmmaLee came home from the hospital today and is doing better. Looks like it is going to be an ongoing health problem that will need to be continuously treated and monitored very closely. She also has a machine at home now to help her breathe.

Thank you for helping me get through my meltdown!

Now lets get this thread back on track ...

ssvs04 - very nice photo and your wife is very pretty but I don't think the wife was too happy about you taking her photo when she was trying to relax and party!? Looks like she's going to kick your butt if you don't get the camera out of her face! []

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Looks like she's going to kick your butt if you don't get the camera out of her face! [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Funny, Thats how my wife looks when I take her picture and she does threaten to kick my butt.

Glad to hear <span class="field-item-description"]EmmaLee came home.

<span class="field-item-description"]Mark
    Mark

Well im 240 pounds and she is 99 pounds and she scares me when she is mad I prefer to take pics of people when they dont expect it. And that bugs her sometimes.

This one she looks much happier.

Very nice!! She looks fantastic and wow, I want that drink she

Took this of my wife last night with my 5DII and a rented 135L. Shot wide open, natural light.

Here's a few shot this weekend with author/musician/editor of Modern Hippie mag Steve McAllister - all taken with Canon 7D and Canon 85mm f/1.8:

Canon 7D + 85mm f/1.8 with Hoya CPL @ f/2.0, 1/1600 @ ISO 200, taken at 5:45pm, natural lighting with reflector fill on left side.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-21-89/IMG_5F00_2500.jpg[/img]

Canon 7D + 24-105 f/4 L IS @ f/5.6, 1/200 @ ISO 200, taken at 7:45pm, three Bowens 3000GHF with softboxes at 1/8 power, plus one umbrella with 5000K CF bulb as small fill for front of scooter (not seen in this shot).

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-21-89/IMG_5F00_2682.jpg[/img]

Canon 7D + 85mm f/1.8 with Hoya CPL @ f/2.0, 1/800 @ ISO 200, taken at 5:30pm, natural lighting with reflector fill on left side.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-21-89/IMG_5F00_2420.jpg[/img]