Page 51 of 137 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/budrowilson/4983776182/][/url]

Amber in the Tennessee Technological University quad. I graduated from TTU in 2005. She's going back to school to become a teacher. She'll be a good one, too. :-)
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

This one is at the top of my favorites, Sean! Good luck, Amber! [img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img] [img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img] Sean ...no snapping photos when she's trying to study! [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Denise

Sean, your ability to balance sun with strobe is simply amazing. Just
    thought I'd remind you. When I forget how a balanced photo should look,
    I turn to your stuff. Keep it up! Tell Amber good luck!

Thanks Rodger--your kind words are certainly appreciated. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

A few from a shoot I had last week.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_8642altS.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_MG_5F00_8711altS.jpg[/img]

Hey Keith,

Sorry, I missed these shots. These are all wonderful, I especially like the softness of the first one. The model really looks like she is part of the environment.

Rich

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_U8I0146altSM.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.81/_5F00_U8I0081altSM.jpg[/img]

Hi Keith,

I haven't figured out how to respond to multiple posts yet. I also like these 2 as well; especially the 2nd one for the same reason that I gave above, which is that the model looks like part of the environment, instead of just being in the environment. Certainly, I'm sure that she still needs the full body shots for her portfolio.

Great Work!

Rich

Hey Sean,

Again, it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, the lighting on that Amber shot as well as all of your shots, is impeccable and I'm enjoying viewing your lighting setups on Flickr too. It looks like a really nice Campus too. Thanks for taking the time to share those, as well as your Strobist articles. I really need to finish reading those.

I mainly shot outdoors and since I don't do posed portraits, I never thought there was a great need for outdoor lighting, and I hardly ever use my flash.

I'm really starting to see the benefits of very even outdoor lighting for those shots.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

Hi Keith,

I haven't figured out how to respond to multiple posts yet. I also like these 2 as well; especially the 2nd one for the same reason that I gave above, which is that the model looks like part of the environment, instead of just being in the environment. Certainly, I'm sure that she still needs the full body shots for her portfolio.

Great Work!

Rich

Thanks Richard!

Yeah the full lengths didn't really work for me. I got married to making a shot with the smoke work. The model was a little timid especially out in the open and I think I was exhausted at that point.

But this little guy knows how to work the camera!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-25-81/_5F00_C7S9742sm.jpg[/img]

Thanks Richard!

But this little guy knows how to work the camera!

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

He certainly does. He looks like a Champ!

Rich

I may be out of line here, but I'm really not posting this photo for c&amp;c. I am actually posting it to ask for your prayers. This one year old little girl is my granddaughter, EmmaLee. She is in the hospital tonight with severe breathing difficulty associated with her asthma.

I consider many of you my very close friends and I'd like to thank you in advance for sending your thoughts and well wishes her way.

Denise

I'm sending as many well wishes as I can...we're all pulling for her.

Thank you so much, Sean. Very much appreciated!

Denise