Page 63 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by DLS
    That's true but you will probably not notice a difference in noise going from 50 to 400 (as you have a FF sensor).

True, maybe a little at ISO 400 with a 5D, not a 5DII, though.

Regarding ISO and flash, generally an ISO of 200 or 400 is preferable because it reduces the amount of flash power needed, or increases the distance at which the flash is effective, depending on how you want to phrase it. The Vivitar 285HV is a fairly powerful flash (almost exactly the same power as a 430EX II). For these shots, though, ISO 50 is not a real problem since you're close to the subject.

Americo, can we please keep this thread moderately on-topic by posting portraits and not lamps and cookies from Starbucks? Thanks!

7D, Sigma 85mm f/1.4 @ 1/60, f/2.8, ISO 250, 580 ex II camera right shot through an umbrella, edited in DPP using Canon's "Studio" picture style

I accidently still had my camera in al servo mode ...I guess I was set if my daugher decided to take off running!

Denise
    <div></div>

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

7D, Sigma 85mm f/1.4 @ 1/60, f/2.8, ISO 250, 580 ex II camera right shot through an umbrella, edited in DPP using Canon's "Studio" picture style
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Denise

Glad you are having better luck with this copy of the Sigma. How did you fire your 580exII?

Mark
    Mark

Nice work Denise. Nice and even. Like you back-drop. Is that an after-market sheet or your own?

Damian

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Denise

Glad you are having better luck with this copy of the Sigma. How did you fire your 580exII?

Mark

Thanks, Mark! The flash was triggered with an RF-602 I got off ebay for around $20 and I have 3 receivers that were $20 each.

Quote Originally Posted by DLS

Nice work Denise. Nice and even. Like you back-drop. Is that an after-market sheet or your own?

Damian

Thank you, Damian. The backdrop is just something I bought off ebay for around $20 - $25. It is actually white but this is how it always looks when I have a flash on it but all my other colors come out accurate so I just leave it that way.

EDIT: Now that I looked, I bought 1 transmitter and 2 receivers for $58 &amp; another receiver for $20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RF-602-2-4GHz-Wireless-Remote-Flash-Trigger-CANON-/250600452752?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&amp;hash= item3a58f37290

http://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/discuss/72157625222915541/

Denise

Mark

Thanks, Mark! The flash was triggered with an RF-602 I got off ebay for around $20 and I have 3 receivers that were $20 each.

Denise

I have not seen this one. Does it do ETTL or do you fire the flash in manual?
    Mark

I have not seen this one. Does it do ETTL or do you fire the flash in manual?

Good Morning! I am so sorry it took me awhile to answer your question but I was searching for this link and the search button here does not work for me.

Ben (btaylor) did an awesome write up about these that I wanted to share with you.

http://community.the-digital-picture.com/photography_gear1/f/9/t/3441.aspx

In answer to your question, no it does not do ETTL but I don't mind and for the price they are worth it. Mine haven't let me down yet.

Denise

Good Morning! I am so sorry it took me awhile to answer your question but I was searching for this link and the search button here does not work for me.

Ben (btaylor) did an awesome write up about these that I wanted to share with you.

[url="/photography_gear1/f/9/t/3441.aspx]http://community.the-digital-picture.com/photography_gear1/f/9/t/3441.aspx[/url]

In answer to your question, no it does not do ETTL but I don't mind and for the price they are worth it. Mine haven't let me down yet.

Denise

Considering we were both up till 1:00am on the forum, I did not think you took awhile to answer. Thanks for sharing.

I use the MicroSync system. It works well with my Vivitar 285's and my Sunpak 120J's but does not work with my 580EX's. I do not have a need to fire the 580's unless I can do it with ETTL. Someday I'll try Pocket wizard.

thank

Mark
    Mark

Yeah, me too ...Pocket Wizards or something of the sort is on my long list.