Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Ben, normally I

G
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Here's a different take on a portrait. Canon 1D Mk IIn with Canon 24-70 f/2.8L. 28mm @ f/2.8, 1/160sec at ISO 100. One Canon 430EX strobe bouncing off back wall/ceiling corner.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0167.QX7N9195_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

Hello DP community! I'm new here but I thought I'd just jump right in and introduce myself with a portrait. Look forward to being a part of your community.

Rebel XT Sigma 24-70 f/2.8

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0535.me.gif[/img]

Another- this one with my point-and-shoot Samsung ST5000

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/3146.SAM_5F00_0328b.gif[/img]

Any advice on resizing for the forum? Both of my photos look blown out on here?

Welcome to the forum. I like the first one. The first one does not look blown out on my screen. I usually size them 150DPI in a 4x6 crop. Seems to work well for me. I started out my digital with an XT and the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8. I hated the Sigma. Mine was inconsistent focus. I replaced with the Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD and felt I got much better results. Looks like yours is working well for you.

Mark
    Mark

Thanks Mark. Top photo's from 3 years ago but I actually didn't mind the Sigma. It was my pap's Rebel- I had been shooting with an EOS 1V (yep film died hard with me) and thought I'd give digi a spin. Loved it and I've recently purchased a 5D MkII with kit lens and the 135L but they're at home and I haven't gotten a chance to try them on yet but come the end of Feb... oh buddy!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Gardner

Here's a different take on a portrait. Canon 1D Mk IIn with Canon 24-70 f/2.8L. 28mm @ f/2.8, 1/160sec at ISO 100. One Canon 430EX strobe bouncing off back wall/ceiling corner.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0167.QX7N9195_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

Nice shot!! I really like the composition and how you matched the color of the sheets with her eyes (or the other way around). I feel it really pulls the photo together.

Not the biggest fan of the vignette on the bottom half though...I like the effect added by it (more focus on the subject), but the hair is being lost in there a bit.

But all that being said, WELL DONE! []

I love shooting wide apertures in bright sunlight. :-)