Page 48 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

I know that this isn't digital, and that it's not the greatest technical portrait. But it makes me smile. And I figured I'd bump the thread. Impossible Project PX color flush film.

Tom,

I think the lighting set up for the black and whites you posted work very well for the man in the hat! It's a great mood/emotion that the subject emits and the lighting emphasizes that greatly! I'm not sure I would use the same lighting for the clarinetist though. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of the left (viewer's right) side of her face. I'm nit-picking, I hope you don't mind! Again though, fantastic lighting on the man in the hat!

- Rodger

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger
    Personally, I'd like to see a bit more of the left (viewer's right) side of her face. I'm nit-picking,

Not at all nit-picking. All advise is good advice. Here is another view of the clarinetist.

This shot of the boy was supposed to be included, don't know how the shot of the waterfall was put in a portrait thread so I deleted it.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.75/_5F00_001_5F00_DxO-copy.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.75/_5F00_022_5F00_DxO-copy.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wertman
    This shot of the boy was supposed to be included,

The photo of the boy is really nice, Tom. That is what I have been trying to achieve for months!

Denise

Denise,

See my reply to your other thread asking for advice.

Tom

A good friend of mine that cares less about a camera pointed at him, whereas some other friends...well that's a different story!
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Today I was fortunate to capture one of my all-time favorite shots of Amber...

Really nice, Sean...she seems to be leaping off the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Today I was fortunate to capture one of my all-time favorite shots of Amber...

Mine too! This photo is awesome!Talk about perfect lighting, it doesn't get much better than this and what lens did you use? Very sharp and the colors are beautiful!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Mine too! This photo is awesome!Talk about perfect lighting, it doesn't get much better than this and what lens did you use? Very sharp and the colors are beautiful!

Denise

I used a 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS and a circular polarizer (105mm, f/5, 1/250 sec, ISO 100).