<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

1) So what did you nuke Amber with?

2) ND= ??

You're falling down on the setup info there Sean.... LOL!! [:O]

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

1) So what did you nuke Amber with?

2) ND= ??

You're falling down on the setup info there Sean.... LOL!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]

If you click on just about any of my pics, you can read the setup for the shot on flickr. For the most recent shot above, it says:
    <p style="padding-left: 30px;"]"This was the first time in several weekends that the temperature was warm enough to shoot comfortably. While the temperature was fine, however, the wind created havac with the medium-sized softbox I was trying to use. It's positioned very close to Amber (camera right), and several times she had to reach out and hold the softbox to keep it from 1) detaching from the monolight, 2) spinning the unit around on the stand, or 3) blowing the stand over completely.

This was one of the places in Cookeville I've been contemplating for a while now. It's one of the few places that allows for a great distance between the subject and the background while allowing a full view of the sky. So where is this magnificant location? Well, it's in the back parking lot of the gas station where I typically get my fill-ups.

strobist: 1 White Lightning X2400, camera right, diffused by a Paul C. Buff 24"x36" Foldable Medium Softbox (FSB2436). Sun is providing light camera left. Strobe triggered via Cybersyncs; powered via Vagabond II. A B&amp;W circular polarizer and a Genus ND Fader filter were used on this shot."

This shot was unusual for me because I stacked the Genus ND Fader filter on top of my B&amp;W Circular Polarizer. It was very tricky stacking two filters that rotate freely, but I made it work. It allowed me to shoot in very bright daylight using a shallow depth of field (under my max flash sync speed) all while getting a boost in color from the CPOL.

Got it.....forgot about the Flickr deal.

You're really going portable studio!! I'm doing just the opposite. I'm trying to go more minimal. Vivitars, Cactus, couple of umbrellas. Nice and light.

I'm going to sell my AB800s and accessories.

Here's one from a wedding last year in August.

Canon EOS 5D, <span class="nowrap"]f/6.3 @ <span class="nowrap"]50 mm, <span class="nowrap"]1/160, <span class="nowrap"]ISO 200 Vivitar 285HV in a 60" white umbrella/black back, Cactus wireless. <span class="nowrap"]Evening sun provides the rim light.

<span class="nowrap"]Here's one fighting the sun...not as aggressive as you're doing.

<span class="nowrap"]

Canon EOS 5D, <span class="nowrap"]f/6.3 @ <span class="nowrap"]70 mm, <span class="nowrap"]1/200, <span class="nowrap"]ISO 200, same deal as above.

<span class="nowrap"]The Vivitars have been doing really well for me and I have to say after two years that I'm totally impressed with the way the cheap Cactus triggers have been performing. I keep a four light setup in a small gym duffle bag. I use 6V 4.5Ahlead acid batteries that always seem ready to go. The 13' light stands that I bought with the ABs are good and sturdy for umbrellas with a couple of light duty stands for additional uses. For the few gigs I've done recently it makes things really easy and fun.

<span class="nowrap"]Good talkin to you Sean... it's been a while.

Send me an email and let me know what accessories you

Here's one of my daughter. She has just gotten over her milk allergy, and is celebrating with a fudgesicle.

T1i+50mm f/1.8 @ f/3.2, 1/250s, ISO-800.

On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

From a recent portraits session.

1000D/XS + EF 85mm f/1.8 @ 85mm, f/2.0, 1/125sec, ISO 200, Ambient

Thanks for viewing. By the way do you know how to remove those purple fringing?
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

This is beautiful AnGelo! I wish I stumbled upon ambient light like that!! I would have guessed it was a softbox from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

This is beautiful AnGelo! I wish I stumbled upon ambient light like that!!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thank you Mark! I'll have this kind of light for about a month or more. The wall behind her is where the sun rises and we took this at around 11am in full shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

I would have guessed it was a softbox from above.

In some way you can say that.. a softbox made in heaven. []
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Time to resurrect this thread...

strobist: 1 Canon 580EX, camera left, 1/2 CTO gelled, and diffused by a 28" Westcott Apollo softbox. 1 Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, camera right (behind photographer), 1/2 CTO gelled, diffused by a white umbrella. 1 Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, camera left (behind subject) , 1/4 CTO gelled, bare, shot through a wall with wide gaps between the planks. 1 Quantaray QDC-900WA, slightly camera left (behind subject), full CTO gelled, bare, clamped to a ceiling brace and used for rim lighting. Flashes triggered via Cybersyncs.