Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

No worries John! It is indeed her feet. I was debating having her throw her legs up (as pictured) or leave them down. From now on I'll do some of both!

Thanks for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    (and maybe bumping the thread will get Jan's attention so he can respond to Keith's Sigma 50mm question). :-)

Haha good one Sean! I already PMed Keith...[:P] But for the record (and perhaps to answer other people with the same question) here it is:

Hey Keith,

thanks for asking about the sigma.

I only tried out the Canon 50mm 1.4 and found out that it wasn't meant for me. Too small, feels cheap and it was totally not usauble at f1.4

After reading some reviews I thought what the heck, I'm just gonna try the Sigma and if I don't like it, I'll return it.

I Only have had 1 copy, and it is good! I love it!

Yes it had an AF inconsistency. It was frontfocussing and needed micro-adjustment of +9

Luckily for me that was the only flaw. I really enjoy this lens. I also think the 77mm filterthread is very handy and so is the size/weight. It feels good in your hands if your used to somewhat bigger lenses.

I'm not sure what else you are particularity interested in. If you want to see samples(full-size) or want to see specific images. I guess I could make a few for you. Just let me know! Because I am so happy with the Sigma that I still can't believe everyone has such major problems with it.

Hope this helps a bit already and I'll be hearing from you I guess?

Jan

By the way cool shots Sean [Y] also Rodger, I really like your first photo! To be honest I am a natural-light man [A] And again you payed attention to Sean's basic rule []

Here's an outtake from a shoot I did yesterday. I won't use this one in the actual series but it's a freaky portrait nonetheless.

Let me preface this by saying I don't think I've ever figured out how to photograph people very well. But that said, I was really happy with this one, and it's not because of the shirt he's wearing. [:P]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.73/IMG_5F00_5349-small.JPG[/img]

XSi, 17-55mm f/2.8 at f/5.0, 1/200, 38mm, ISO200

Comments appreciated!

Alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

Portrait of the wife in a hotel in Salt Lake City:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.89/Chelsi_5F00_Reclined.jpg[/img]

Canon 1D Mk II - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2, 1/25 sec. @ ISO 320, Ambient

that girl is gorgeous. her eyes are captivating.

Quote Originally Posted by canon-ball

that girl is gorgeous. her eyes are captivating.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

One of the many reasons why I married her... []

I took my little sister's senior pictures last fall. Here are a few of my favorites:

Canon Rebel XT, Sigma 28-70 f/2.8 with a 580exII shot into a poster board that my wife was holding. (Before the 5dII days...Best wife ever, remember? [] )

Another shot from Hoboken, overlooking the Empire State bldg.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.89/Chelsi_2D00_bench3.jpg[/img]

Canon 1D Mk II - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 @ f/3.2, 1/250 sec. @ ISO 320 - 580EX @ ETTL, -1 2/3

Nice photos guys!

Quote Originally Posted by realityinabox
    Canon Rebel XT, Sigma 28-70 f/2.8 with a 580exII shot into a poster board that my wife was holding. (Before the 5dII days...Best wife ever, remember? [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] )

How could we forget? I ...and I think I speak for more people than myself... am a total fan of your wife haha![]

hihi...