Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Alan

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

kitaoka, this is an outstanding portrait shot. Great job. That 50 mm lens does a fantastic job. Of course, the 1D-Mk 3 helps!

Here is a picture I took of my father our first day on the beach in Kauai(Brennecke's Beach). Taken with my old 5D, 24-105(very sharp copy thanks to Lensrental.com), 88mm @f4, 1/125th. A little PP in Lightroom. He hardly ever smiles(just kidding), so he does take really good photos, especially with my little man!![img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.00/_2D00_6278-_5B00_1600x1200_5D00_.jpg[/img]

Thank you Alan. I originally shot Eugene's hands holding an orange as you can see in the color image I have uploaded. But his face is just as remarkable as his hands.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.27.68/orange.jpg[/img]

Alan

Gregg, that's also a fantastic shot. That rugged look gives the image a real personal touch.

And, kitaoka, the orange pic: wow! It really tells a story.

My God: Kitaoka, Gregg: what amazing work. Breathtaking portraits.

Alan, and Madison, thank you for the kind comments...very appreciated!!!

:yup...

inspiring, and depressing.... []

Colin....why depressing??

Not truly depressing....

I'm haphazardly going through and organizing my files, and one thing I notice is that I actually am getting better at this. More consistently decent shots, more often 'good' shots. Far less utterly crappy shots.

However, since seeing a lot of the work put up on this forum, it makes it very clear that there's a LOT to learn. Now, this isn't entirely a depressing thing, as it's an opportunity to expand, grow, etc. That really is a good thing. OTOH, it dawns on me, "Damn, I've just begun to really dig into this."

So, I didn't mean it in a bad way, but rather a compliment. Truly terrific images. I'll dig around and see if I can pony up a contribution of my own, though it's kind of hard to follow THAT. (yes, that was yelling) []

Okay, Colin. Here is something a little easier to follow []

My dad reading Junie B Jones to my daughter. Candid, natural light.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.93/dad-and-sarah.jpg[/img]

1D Mark IIN 85mm @ f/1.8 iso 640 1/500 (yeah, I could have gotten away with way lower iso... why don't cameras have reasonable auto iso? Or is it just Canon?)