Page 101 of 137 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1363

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Gian,

I enjoyed looking through your website although my wife did not like me looking through it. Your lighting and posing setups are first rate. I do think the photoshop to the skin and face is a little too much. Just a hair too much but they all look great. I do feel the first one here is a little inappropriate for this forum. If I were to get caught viewing it at work I could find myself in real trouble. The second one is very sexy but ok for the forum. Please keep the link to your website though so we can continue to view your work.

Mark
    Mark

Jan liked this picture on Flickr, and it will make a nice test of the new forum:

Posing for the camera by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Jan liked this picture on Flickr,
    Who's Jan?
    But yes, I think it's absolutely awesome I'm just a big fan of spontaneous portraits and this is simply a great one

LOL! I think it's a great spontaneous shot!! She's adorable and her fun personality shines in this shot!

Clemb I am sorry but my last message went lost with the migration and the photo I cancelled is back. I cancel it again now.

I'll jump in and try my first post on the new forum. Here's a shot that I took this past weekend during a senior portrait shoot. I loved her eyes, but am interested in your thoughts on the image...

Senior Portrait Saturday by B_R_T, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    I'll jump in and try my first post on the new forum. Here's a shot that I took this past weekend during a senior portrait shoot. I loved her eyes, but am interested in your thoughts on the image...
    Hi, this is a really nice portrait. Framing, expression and lighting are simply great. But, in my opinion, the opacity of some PS layer could have been reduced. One can understand the temptation of really making those eyes shine, but maybe it went a bit too far. Just my thoughts on an otherwise great portrait.

I agree with CLS. Great image. Also, maybe too much on the eyes. This kind of a low contrast B&W conversion begs for subtly. Has a very soft feel. I think they eyes alone are fine. If the rest of the image had more contrast, or just clipped blacks they'd fit right in.

Really think it's a good one though, for sure.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	163 of 183.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	97

Great shot Mark. I really like that one.