Page 66 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Actually now that I look at it Rob there was another reason for the blur at the bottom of frame. The bus had a flat tyre on the left side so it had a lean to it that made the shot look really akward to me. By blurring the foreground I was able to rotate the bus slightly without having to do too much cloning of the foreground to get it looking normal after the rotate. I've got a couple fo thousand photos to go through so time tends to be limited with you need to process so many. Here's a copy of the original file for reference - amazing what you can do with a "little" work in post. Thanks again.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/6663.IMG_5F00_2288.jpg[/img]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

It

Ben, normally I

G
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Here's a different take on a portrait. Canon 1D Mk IIn with Canon 24-70 f/2.8L. 28mm @ f/2.8, 1/160sec at ISO 100. One Canon 430EX strobe bouncing off back wall/ceiling corner.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0167.QX7N9195_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

Hello DP community! I'm new here but I thought I'd just jump right in and introduce myself with a portrait. Look forward to being a part of your community.

Rebel XT Sigma 24-70 f/2.8

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0535.me.gif[/img]

Another- this one with my point-and-shoot Samsung ST5000

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/3146.SAM_5F00_0328b.gif[/img]

Any advice on resizing for the forum? Both of my photos look blown out on here?

Welcome to the forum. I like the first one. The first one does not look blown out on my screen. I usually size them 150DPI in a 4x6 crop. Seems to work well for me. I started out my digital with an XT and the Sigma 24-70 f/2.8. I hated the Sigma. Mine was inconsistent focus. I replaced with the Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD and felt I got much better results. Looks like yours is working well for you.

Mark
    Mark

Thanks Mark. Top photo's from 3 years ago but I actually didn't mind the Sigma. It was my pap's Rebel- I had been shooting with an EOS 1V (yep film died hard with me) and thought I'd give digi a spin. Loved it and I've recently purchased a 5D MkII with kit lens and the 135L but they're at home and I haven't gotten a chance to try them on yet but come the end of Feb... oh buddy!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by bwardell

I've recently purchased a 5D MkII with kit lens and the 135L but they're at home and I haven't gotten a chance to try them on yet but come the end of Feb... oh buddy!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I am now shooting a 5D MkI with the 24-105. I love this combo. Maybe someday I'll move up to the MkII. I was reading your bio and it changed. You must have just done it. Look forward to seeing those future shots of Cal.

Mark
    Mark