Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 60d vs T4i? Budget minded

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Does anybody have any real world experience with in camera hdr? I've been playing with it on my iPhone and am really impressed with how it brings out the details otherwise missing in the pictures I've captured. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346625505.143044.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	1366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346625523.546486.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	1367
    I has caused me to start leaning to the T4i. Any thoughts?

I have played w/ the 5dIII. (rented it for a vacation trip). This is really for static shots, its tough to do with people in the shot.

It is interesting. I tried w/ several gaps in exposure, 2 or 3 stops seemed the best depending on subject. In DPP (Canon's current post processing software) I have done things like 6, the results are a bit odd.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I don't like HDR. I like in-camera-HDR even less. I don't think I'd let that sway what camera I bought AT ALL.

If you want to do HDR's you owe it to yourself to check out Photomatix, it's my favorite HDR software so far.

John.
    Amateurs worry about gear, pros about the pay, masters about the light, and I just take pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Magijr View Post
    I had the kit lens (18-55) on the t4i, and now I shoot with the 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM (which I love) on my 60D. Perhaps my IQ comparison is not fair.
    Indeed. It's like a BMW 525i vs a BMW M5. Both bodies are great, but the engines have nothing in common. The 17-55 f/2.8 would be excellent on the t4i too.

I think your comparison is about lenses and not IQ of the bodies. They use the same sensors, have virtually the same noise levels and I have not seen any sharpness difference worth noting. The 17-55mm is a cult lens for 1.6 bodies (IS, fast aperture, good sharpness) so I am not suprised that you find the IQ on your 60D is much better. But not because of the body.

Cheers,
    John.
    Amateurs worry about gear, pros about the pay, masters about the light, and I just take pictures!