View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ddt0725

3 12.50%
  • Bob Williams

12 50.00%
  • conropl

2 8.33%
  • Lars

6 25.00%
  • cls

1 4.17%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: #41 - Lo-Fi (Congrats Bob Williams)

I'm being slow here, sorry guys.
    had to be one of those weeks where everything happened at once (eg last night, i drove from work, picked up a rainwater tank, drove to my mums, walked to the airport, got my gf's car, drove back to my mums, got in my car, drove to new house, dropped off rainwater tank, kept driving to other house, got home at 8pm and collapsed.).
    And that wasn't even a busy day yesterday. I've downloaded them all and am deciding this morning (even though i was meant to leave for work 10 mins ago, i figured i'll just be late again, i owe you guys some finalists).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Wow, that was a lot harder than I thought.
    The first 2-3 (for me), were no-brainer inclusions, the 4th one took a bit of thought, but the battle for 5th spot was intense. I was very tempted to cheat and just leave out a 5th choice, but that wouldn't have been nice either. As it was, another 6-8 are lying on the floor tied for 6th place.

There were ceratinly a lot of different takes on the theme, and that was kind of the point. At first the topic seems very narrow, but then when you get into it, you realise that almost any photo can fit the bill.
    For me, the main thing I judged on was the 'single subject', the whole point of being 'lo-fi' is to cut out all the distractions around that single subject and just draw attention to that subject (although in some of them the 'story' of that 'single subject' was enhanced a little bit by the background, without being distracting). And in others, it was the balance of colours that told the story, the whole image was the main subject.

Anyway, I hope you all found it fun, again apologies for the lateness in picking finalists (it's not every week you do 2 tax-returns in 2 languages and express-post one across the globe, at least I should get some nice gear out of the refunds). I look forward to the vote counting, seeing if any of you agreed with my choices will be interesting to watch.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Give this a nudge, what's happening Jan?
    Haha sorry I had to wait for a bit for the results and when I got them I was sleeping like a baby. Got up yesterday and had no time, busy night after work and so goes the story.
    I'll edit the post as we speak. Congrats to all finalists and good luck!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 09-29-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Hmm, I can't add photos in firefox :( Installing chrome helped :)

Only a few hours left to cast your votes!

Good thing i managed to get the finalists sent when I did. I was away for friday and saturday night, when I got back home on Sunday the phone line was dead, problem with the exchange and no internet until Wednesday probably. (Everything happens at once sometimes).
    I'm not sure if I should vote or not, was thinking I should reserve judgement in case a TieBreak is needed. But so far the voting looks fairly certain to have a winner (and i'll be happy no matter what wins, they all look good to me)
    Gear Photos

Congrats Bob

Thanks Dave
    Bob

Congrats Bob!

Congrats Bob!

And congrats from me too - great photo!