Thread: Post your best cell phone camera shots

Post your best cell phone camera shots

Thought this might be an interesting one to do. I frequently find myself spotting interesting compositions, but having only my phone on hand to take a picture. I'd love to see what other people are catching with their cell phones.

Here's one I got the other day. The iPhone 4 actually has HDR capability, which I utilized for this to get some detail on the clouds.

photo by sambisu, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

That's a great shot from a phone in my opinion.
    My phone photography is dreadful. I'll put some on Facebook, but not game enough to put them here or Flickr.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Agree, nice one.
    Did you just point and and shoot away, or did you do the tap-to-focus somewhere in the picture?
    Arnt

That one was just point and shoot. I also have Camera+ on my iPhone that allows you to select a separate focus and metering points, which can definitely be helpful.

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

This is from a while back. Taken with my old Samsung i8910HD phone (8MP camera).
    You can read more about it and the unfortunate breakdown of my old 450D from my blog.

Click for original size

It is combined from 4 different photos and edited quite a bit but I think it is a pretty nice result for a phone camera.
    Especially since it is from 2009. Here is a link to the original photos if anyone is interested.

EDIT: Oh and great topic!

Quote Originally Posted by qwRad View Post
    This is from a while back. Taken with my old Samsung i8910HD phone (8MP camera).
    You can read more about it and the unfortunate breakdown of my old 450D from my blog.

Click for original size

It is combined from 4 different photos and edited quite a bit but I think it is a pretty nice result for a phone camera.
    Especially since it is from 2009. Here is a link to the original photos if anyone is interested.

EDIT: Oh and great topic!
    Wow...great color.