Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6D Announced (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Probert View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention here that the max shutter speed on the 6D is 1/4000 and it looks like flash sync is at 1/180th? I didn't know Canon's would even take an exposure at 1/180th. Maybe this is the way of saying that it doesn't really synch at 1/200th like it says the 5DII does.
    It seems there are conflicting info on that. I read 1/8000 elsewhere (either CR or DPR). I don't know for the X-sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    It seems there are conflicting info on that. I read 1/8000 elsewhere (either CR or DPR). I don't know for the X-sync.
    Canon's website has the specs up.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    As Darth Vader said, "There is no conflict." Canon's specs have the answer:

Shutter Speeds
    1/4000 to 30 sec., X-sync at 1/180 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)

my opinion, the 6D wont sell at this price. a full frame rebel should be sell around $1200 for non or slow moving subject. and the AF and burst rate wont attract XXD users. price needs to be at at least $1500 to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto View Post
    my opinion, the 6D wont sell at this price. a full frame rebel should be sell around $1200 for non or slow moving subject. and the AF and burst rate wont attract XXD users. price needs to be at at least $1500 to sell.
    I sort of hope that. Otherwise it might prevent the 5D III's price from dropping yet a bit more. Just to be clear, as the 5D is clearly better, it's easy to justify a price difference.

Just read the full specs. I'm out of the running. Time to save pennies and birthday money for the next couple years for the 5D mkIII refurbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Probert View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention here that the max shutter speed on the 6D is 1/4000 and it looks like flash sync is at 1/180th? I didn't know Canon's would even take an exposure at 1/180th. Maybe this is the way of saying that it doesn't really synch at 1/200th like it says the 5DII does.
    The shutter limitation is one of the things that disappoint me most together with the seemingly stripped AF-system. (By the way, if you set the camera to 1/2 stop exposure steps rather than the more common 1/3 step, 1/180 sec will be one of the "half stops".)

Overall I'm a bit confused by the specs and I don't really see to whom the 6D is targeted. I simply can't see that the 6D could be a success for Canon, but on the other hand I suppose the Canon people know more about the market than I. Sure, the benefits of the FF sensor would be nice, but on most other points it would be a step down from my 7D.

On the other hand I'm not really looking for something new. So far it's not my gear that limits my photos and maybe I should just be happy that Canon didn't introduce someting appealing - then they may have tricked me into buying another piece of gear that I don't need.

i'm a 60d user and things i miss in my dslr are bigger sensor, autofocus that works with less light, afma, more custom modes, lower minimum iso (ISO 50) and more fames in AE bracketing

6d covers almost all the things i feel i'm missing in my current dslr.

it's missing a lot of features from 5d mk3 or even 7d, ofc people owning 5d mk2 and 7d will feel 5d mk3 is an upgrade for them, but majority of canon users are using rebel or two digit series dslrs and this is a camera made for those people.

theres one big problem with it thou. as someone who doesnt own a lot of EF lenses, it isnt a problem for me to move on to nikon d600, its priced the same but its a lot better camera then 6d in my opinion. i think 6d's price tag is too high, if it was somewhere arounf 1500$ it would be ok, but this way a lot of potential customers might go with nikon...

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Those of you stating 'I'm the target market,' and shooting with a 7D - I disagree. Canon seems to be making a concerted effort to shift consumers up a segment. Take the 60D - those with a 40D or 50D were 'pushed' to the 7D as an upgrade, while the 60D was made attractive as an upgrade for Rebel/xxxD users. There are many features (or lack thereof) consistent with this, most obvious is the card media. I see the 5DIII as the FF body upgrade for 7D and 5DII, and the 6D as targeted to 60D and Rebel users.
    Agreed. Was kind of shocked that it was SD card only. If this had been out when I upgraded from my Rebel Xsi, i definitely would've gone for it. But as a 7D user, I'd say this would be more of a FF compliment. I wouldn't make it my main camera body over my 7D at this point. Really disappointed by only 11 AF points too.

And an improved LCD is all fine and good, I guess, but that's really low on the list for me as far as needed improvements. Glad they didn't include the touchscreen though. Just unnecessary for me.

DPreview has published an extensive hands-on preview. http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/