Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 6D Announced (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    ... the high ISO is very helpful...
    I know the spec's show the ISO range the same as the 5D III, but I think I am going to reserve judgment on this until I see some real results... I guess I am in "trust but verify" mode on this one. I would not think it would be wise for Canon to put out a spec for an ISO range that produced garbage at the high end (especially when they have proven capability with the 5D III and 1D X), but I think I would rather make them prove it rather than trust them. Unless I missed something, which is totally possible, I have not seen any results of their new sensor.

If the results are not as good as the 5D III, then I may opt to spend the extra $600 for the 5D III (based on the recent low cost offered on e-bay by Adorama).
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

I'm also in the trust but verify mode, but I really can't see Canon doing a whole lot of crippling on a single digit body. It would erase any level of trust their customer base had in them. Their next cameras may not see nearly as many pre-orders, until the pre-release image quality review start showing up.

I'd also assume the 6D will see discounts as quickly as the 5Dmk3, so the price difference will be higher than it seems. The price wars may even start sooner, as each store will want a piece of what has to be a larger market than the pro market.

Replying to Mark in another thread also reminded me of another reason many will look for the 6D. Size and weight. Or the lack there of.

I'm still waiting Ham....

Thanks,
    John.
    Amateurs worry about gear, pros about the pay, masters about the light, and I just take pictures!