Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFMA results - Conflicting values

Really interesting thread. Do you like the FoCal software? I assume that is how you are generating the charts? Previously, I've used the DIY method for my AFMA. I should probably at least get a lensalign Mk II.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Really interesting thread. Do you like the FoCal software? I assume that is how you are generating the charts? Previously, I've used the DIY method for my AFMA. I should probably at least get a lensalign Mk II.
    Forget about LesnAlign and all other mechanical things. I find FoCal really good and it does more than just AFMA (I took the full version as it's quite affordable). Also with the 7D, it does everything for you and generates nice reports that you can study later.

I think I saw in a CR thread a link to have 40% off if you're interested.

Skip the LensAlign - mine's just gathering dust now. FoCal Pro is the way to go...

Thanks. Just found the 40% off link (http://www.reikan.co.uk/focal/mbp45/). I am wondering why they want the serial number of my camera?

Thanks. Just found the 40% off link (http://www.reikan.co.uk/focal/mbp45/). I am wondering why they want the serial number of my camera?
    I will speculate; Probably to keep people from sharing the software, you are only allowed 5 bodies per license.

Edit; well I guess it could be something more sinister, they want to use the serial number to track down all your photos online and develop a profile of you. But, they already have your credit card number.
    Last edited by HDNitehawk; 09-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    ... well I guess it could be something more sinister, they want to use the serial number to track down all your photos online and develop a profile of you. But, they already have your credit card number.
    They used Paypal....so sinister is still on the table . I just bought it. I suspect your first guess is correct.

Sorry for hijacking the thread....but I am glad that I have FoCal Pro at 40% off.

I don't think you hijacked the thread. It appears it reached its destination already with the lighting issue. When the OP first posted my first thought was lighting will do that but with the lensalign finding out if someones lighting is good enough isn't that simple, I was impressed that FoCal actually monitors your lighting.

Sorry for hijacking the thread....but I am glad that I have FoCal Pro at 40% off.
    No problem, I'm happy that you could get a nice discount!

I redid some tests following Neuro's advise and, with the spotlight against the wall just below the target, 12 EV. It gave better results but yet not fully consistent - I'll post report extracts tomorrow (it's already 23:10 here).