Sometimes I just wish I had a focal length/f-stop combination that doesn't exist in Canon's L line-up. I shoot my daughter playing indoor volleyball and the lighting is just dismal. I currently use the 85mm 1.2L II on a 5DMKIII b/c this is the only lens that gives me enough speed - f1.2, 1/1000 sec, ISO 2500-3200. This combo is great when it focuses in time and I was hoping the 5DMKIII AF would be a big improvement over shooting on the 5DMKII in these conditions - but I haven't noticed a big difference in 'keepers' based on OOF shots - the frame rate does help a lot though. This is a great lens, but the focus speed is a real limitation for sports. A little longer focal length would also be nice.

My wish = a 135mm, f1.4 with the AF capabilities and IQ of the 70-200 f2.8II or even better, one of the series II tele's (300 2.8 II like IQ would be pleasing). (In well lit venues, the 70-200 2.8 II is just about perfect for volleyball.) I'm not fixed on including IS, since for sports this is not essential, but I need the f-stop and the fast focus capability. I could imagine that there would be demand for this focal length among the pros that shoot indoors. Would be pretty sweet on a cropped frame body too. I have thought about the 135 f2, but I just don't think it is fast enough to bother - and I'm not overly impressed with the wide open IQ. The 200mm f2 is more tempting.

How do these wishes get on Canon's list?

Anybody else have some L-dreams?