Thread: First real attempt at a self portrait

First real attempt at a self portrait

For this picture I simply set my camera up on a tripod and aimed it at myself while I was playing XBox. Go ahead and laugh, but I wanted as candid of a photo I could get while taking it myself, if that makes sense. Using natural light from my window, and my trusty remote, I set it so that the shutter would go off a few seconds after I activated my remote. I played for about 15 minutes or so, taking pictures every now and then, and this is the one that came out best. To be honest, I only took this because I was getting bored of my old facebook picture, and decided that I should take a new picture with my new camera. What do you all think?

Here is the old one that I was getting bored of, the ladies sure did love it though

The shot shows of the highlights in your hair very well and good focus on your eye. Something for you to consider in the future would be the position of your eye in the shadow. Your pupil gets lost in the shadow of your nose in this one, losing some definition. Perhaps if you were looking more straight ahead, or through the camera. I think if we could see the white of your eye near your nose there might be a little bit better balance to the shot.
    That's probably enough from me, critiquing a handsome young bloke.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I like the shot. Mostly, thank you for your service.

Larry

I like the shot too! I have a feeling that you couldn't take a bad shot of yourself, you're one good looking dude!

Now, in the 2nd shot, that's what I call a point and shoot!

Absolutely.., thank you for your service!!

Rich

No need to thank me for my service you guys, I just do my job. But thanks

I forgot I had made this until now, perhaps I should share my newer self portrait?