Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6D....Clicked the Pre Order Shutter

6D....Clicked the Pre Order Shutter

Well I figured someone had to do it, and I haven't seen it yet. I just clicked the pre order button. Seems there are mixed reviews on this forum as to whether or not this is going to be a Canon worthy camera. Just looking back over the last few years, I've yet to see Canon release anything that is sub par. Even if this camera's target audiance is the amerture looking to move up to the full frame I feel like Canon isn't going to let me down.

That’s great, I don't think you will be let down by the camera. It does have some interesting features on it that other models lack.

Now you may be disappointed with Canon if they move the delivery date back, like they sometimes do.

Full-frame quality in a body about the size of a 7D isn't bad. Also, the built-in WiFi and GPS could prove quite useful. I think it's a good fit for the market segment currently satisfied by the 5D Mark II. Some people don't need the newest and fanciest autofocus system--so why pay $1,350 more for it?

I'm sure you'll enjoy the camera (as will many).

Congrats----It is so tempting, but I havn't had the courage....yet
    Bob

Got my confirmation on my order finally. Projected ship date is December. I've been thinking about the lack of a flash on the 6D. currently I have an xsi, and I use the flash about 1 every 6 months or so. Usually it's at christmas when I make the family photo, and at some other point during the year for a group picture of some sort. I really don't do any indoor photography. I still feel that I need a flash to have as a backup. any suggestions?

430EX is a bit of a 'sweet spot' price-wise, especially used as mine was.
    It's the lowest that takes a Wireless Slave signal (I think, at least it was, maybe some of the newer smaller ones do too). Not that it'll help if you've got a 6D without a master (i use my 7D as a master), but it won't go to waste if you ever do decide to do multiple-slave shots like Bob and his Birds.

Or just cheapest there is, the 220 or so? If it's just going to go unused most of the time then there's no point in spending a heap...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

1. Buy a 430 EX II.

2. Assume the low-light capabilities will be enough. I can shoot my 1Ds mk 2 in a dimly lit basement without windows and get nearly okay shutter speeds with the nifty-fifty at f/2.8, ISO 1600 (varying between 1/200s to 1/20s around the room). Your 6D will have something like 8 years of low-light and noise improvements. Raise the ISO to 6400, and shoot without a flash. I can't say for certain, but I expect you'll be fine for anything non-action in conditions like my dim non-windowed basement, or at night, and you'll probably be fine for most action in a normal indoor space during the day.

congratulations! you're gonna love it

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing what it can do.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Has anyone else seen the 6D beta version high ISO samples on dpreview? Looking good!

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/re...gallery#page=3

If anyone is wondering, I didn't buy the camera by the way! Maybe I will when the price goes to $1500-$1600 or so. The current 5D2 refurb price is attractive, but I'd prefer newer technology.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Throgmartin; 11-23-2012 at 02:17 AM.