Thread: SOLD Canon 500mm f/4 IS L lens w/LensCoat and NatureScapes Don Zeck LensCap - $6300

SOLD Canon 500mm f/4 IS L lens w/LensCoat and NatureScapes Don Zeck LensCap - $6300

The B&H SKU was CA5004LEFLC2/USA and the Canon lens serial number is 912532A00292AA2135051. I am keeping the original receipt as there are several other items on it. It is mechanically sound and cosmetically nearly new. It has had little use for a lens of this type but I have no way of proving that to you. I'm going to make a guess of well under 2k clicks total, but note I said guess.

It includes the blank warranty card, owner's manual, lockable Canon hard case with both keys, original box with plastic wrap, Lens Coat (black), and the NatureScapes Don Zeck lens cap. The NatureScapes cap is simply easier to use than either the original Canon soft cap or the Lens Coat neoprene one. All three caps are included.

Condition: I put the Lens Coat on it out of the box so the body should be as new. I can see no defects on the outside of the lens. The glass has never been touched. I blew it off with my RocketBlaster now and it seems all but perfect to me with my reading glasses on. No obvious smears or scratches. Keep in mind my eyes are not the best so a more discerning inspection may reveal something, but little of note. When Amy and I look through the barrel of the lens we both can see a tiny white speck on the inside of the barrel of the lens near the lens cap side. It may be a small screw head, neither of us can tell for sure. But, in the interests of full disclosure assume there is at least one speck of dust on the inside. Again, better inspection methods may reveal more, but also again, assume not much. Neither of us can see any fungus or anything of that sort. It's been stored in the case in our bedroom when not in use. When I took it out on the road it resided in the trunk of our car. I expected to see signs of wear on the outside of the case but found little. The Lens Coat cover has some dust visible on the outside (it's neoprene and I can't bring myself to actually try vacuuming it). The foot had a Wimberly plate on it which is removed and I didn't look at the foot for any signs of wear. Assume little as the plate was on it from day 1 but I'm not going to unpack everything to look again.

$5600 for the lens shipped free to the ConUS. I won't ship to anywhere else as I don't know much about that process. Local pickup in NE Minnesota would be cheaper for the buyer if that were possible. Here is the link to one source of where I settled on the price: http://community.the-digital-picture...highlight=lens I feel the price is more than fair given it's condition and included accessories. I will ship it US Mail or UPS, insured, and signature required. I am going to accept PayPal and there will be an additional charge to use a credit card through them. It will be whatever PayPal charges me extra to accept that form of payment. You could send me a check but that would delay shipment by a few weeks.

Please do not PM me as I don't routinely check that. I can be reached at the too wun ate area code and seven ate oh 438 five. I'm not always around my phone so assume I will get back to you if you leave a message. Please don't waste both our time with offers to ship the "item" to a foreign country, etc. And no, I won't give out my bank numbers for instant transfers, etc. I am up front and honest so I expect the same out of those I do business with.

I can send some higher resolution photos but for us in rural MN bandwidth is a problem. Call if you'd like me to do that.

As a final note, this lens has proven to be the sharpest one I've ever used. That compares against my (current of former) 24-70 f/2.8 L, 24-105 f/4 IS L, 70-200 f/2.8 IS L, and 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L. Part of that is probably due to to primarily using it on a tripod but it shouldn't be that surprising given it's roughly the size of a small bazooka and costs accordingly.

Thank you,

Gary Tuthill
    Virginia, MN
    PS: I'll get some pics up as soon as I figure out how
    Last edited by waltgary; 12-31-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Price reduced to $5600 shipped to the conUS. gary